Some School Stuff
- Today, I signed the boys up for their Spring enrichment day classes. I remember back in December when they said Spring classes wouldn't start until March. It seemed SO FAR away and now we start next week already!
- The boys all started new math books last week. I know I have said it before, but I really like Math-U-See. It has worked very well for us so far.
- A friend let us borrow Boggle Jr. This is a great game! It's basically just spelling words but it feels like a game so the boys love to play it.
- The boy's Spanish class is going really well. I love the approach their teacher uses. It's so different than when I took Spanish in school (which I'm sure is because I took it in high school). She just has them play games, games, games but it works!
- I learn something new myself just about everyday. Even the first grade geography book was full of stuff I didn't know. For instance, I did not know there was "chunnel" that connected England and France or what a "fjord" was.
- Earlier, Isaac was writing a story and looking up words in his dictionary. For fun. That felt like some kind of milestone to me.