My friend -and fellow mom of four boys- gave me permission to post this hilarious adventure she recently had with her boys. I thought a lot of my readers would get a kick out of it (or at least your boys will). So enjoy...and you probably don't want to read this if your eating.
Friday the kids and I ran errands, store to store, all kinds of stops and it required lots of patience on both parts. In the check out of one of our last stops they begin begging for a pop...I usually try and do flavored water, however, this particular day we struck a deal with sharing a sprite. About halfway into the sprite Obadiah tells me he doesn't want anymore and Gideon has had his fill as well. So in the midst of driving and all other activities in the car I tell him to stick it in his seat and we'll take care of it when we get home. As we unload all of the stuff, kids and whatever else and the dreaded sprite is forgotten. Unbenounced to me it didn't get capped....dun dun!! sooooo the next day we get in complete family of 6 all in tow; pretzels, diaper bag, kids, purse, phones, mom, and dad. All are munching away on their pretzels and ryan and I are enjoying a conversation. In the background Obadiah says: "Hey who put the 'rat' in my pop!" and you here a clanking (if that's what you'd want to call it). We pay little attention shushing him trying to continue our conversation. He continues to ask the question directing it to the back of the van at his big brothers. Suddenly they yell: "Eeeewww....Mom, Dad, there really is a 'rat' in Obadiah's pop!" As I glance back there it was a dead MOUSE!! INSIDE the sprite bottle!! Just about puked right then and there! We figure somehow the stupid varmint got into the van overnight and smelled the sweetness of the pop jumped in and couldn't get out so died! Eeww! So yeah full rigor had set in. If you look close you can see his whiskers even!!!! Ugh! and his icky ewy grossey claws! Oh and the reason I think Obadiah never noticed was because he'd shoved a pretzel in with his pop...for a little flava I believe. When I asked him if he drank it he looked so scared...and said No? I explained he wasn't in trouble and that I just needed to know as I stared back at the ring from the sprite bottle on his upper lip he finally confessed. sooooo I call emergency and explain the situation, admittantly (sp?) somewhat embarrassed because truly it was a little unbelievable...she then directed me to poison control who also sounded as though she was in disbelief. She assured me there was no harm and that it was probably just more gross than anything but to inform the pediatrician sooooo then I call the on call pediatrician...he sounded even more shocked and had me re-explain what happend. He did chuckle a little and said he had never recieved a call like this EVER and that we should just avoid kisses for a few days!! Uh yeah...DE-scust-ING!!! Life with all boys...4 will, I've concluded always be action packed!