Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Poem 2010

I had some help on this year's poem. While we were in the U.P, I had Issac, Elijah, Sam, and my niece Riley sit down and help me write this poem.

Why I Like Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a thankful day.
We gather around the table and pray.

We give thanks for blessings, family, and food.
Thanksgiving puts us in a happy mood.

We look around and share a smile.
On our plates, mashed potatoes we pile.

We lift our drinks and toast our glasses.
We're really happy we don't have classes.

We feast on turkey, stuffing, and pie.
Our bellies are full, in contentment we sigh.

We wipe our mouths with our napkins,
then go to the computer and log on to Webkinz.

We say good-bye to our guests,
for shopping tomorrow we need plenty of rest!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, i liked the webkinz touch.

-Jeremiah

12:44 AM  
Blogger Jill Corwin said...

I was looking forward to your poem. Great job again!!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another very clever addition to your tradition!

Hope this finds you all well and warm! I enjoyed catching up on your posts. The children are growing beautifully!

Best wishes for a happy Christmas, Amie!
x

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home