Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Walk to the Lake

I've had a bad case of blogger's block lately. Things that have been on my mind lately are just too political and controversial and I try to keep that off this blog. So I decided to take an ordinary event and document it.

One of my favorite things about where we live is the nearby lake. It's about a 10 minute walk from our house and has both a boat access (we don't own a boat but the boys love the dock) and a small public beach. The boys ask to go to the beach every day as soon as the snow melts! Usually Jeremiah brings them but tonight we all took a walk down there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A while ago, the boys found that digging in the sand releases some kind of dark mud. They would sit for hours if they could making "poop water".
Photobucket

Photobucket

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures - especially the last one. Love it!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures always make great posts. :-) Glad you all got to enjoy the water! And my goodness, Jonah looks like your Dad in the picture of him on the dock by himself!!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

He does, doesn't he!

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like ordinary events... Supertoddler's a real cutey. What a lovely place to live near - boys, water, dirt/sand = massive fun. Glad you got to be part of it... Naomi

7:42 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

LOL, poop water! Great pics!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

very cool. It's great you guys live close to a place like that and can hang out there!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I loved the lake when I was a kid. We go for a walk down by the river with our girls, but you can't get up close to the water.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

LOL poop water. Great pics. Your little family is so cute!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

Pictures are always good posts! :)

We always enjoy time at the lake that's not far from here too - we went last night with our neighbors. :)

I can just imagine what you are thinking with everything going on in our world lately! LOL I've had the same thought about not wanting to add that kind of thing to my blog either though.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Wow, thats awesome to be so close to the lake like that!!! I bet they love it! Sadie's hair sure is growing in, isn't it?

7:35 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I love the pictures, especially the last one. Protect that one, someday you'll look and remember.

And you little Superman--he's so photogenic.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

I wish we lived by a lake. Or a stream. Or a river. Or a puddle. Just some sort of water???? lol

I love the pics. I bet the kids just have a blast being outdoors and playing!

5:02 PM  
Blogger I Am Boymom said...

Great post...mundane is sometimes more interesting than spectacular, because we all deal with mundane. It's nice to catch a glimpse of how others do "everyday!" Love the pics...and the poop water. Boys and bodily functions - gotta love it!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jill Corwin said...

I used to go to the same lake when I was a kid. We would play there all day with my mom watching over us. What a fun place for kids!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home