Friday, May 16, 2008

One

My baby is one today! The boys crowded around her this morning to wish her "Happy Birthday" and Elijah asked if she could walk now. I wish she could, it would make her birthday dress so much easier for her to wear. Even though it's been a whole year, having a girl still feels novel to me. I still can't believe I get to browse in the girl's side while shopping, and I still go in her room just to look at her dresses sometimes. I couldn't help smiling as I picked out pink frosting for her birthday cake. A pink birthday cake...here! As for the birthday girl, some of the things she enjoys are her brothers that she adores, the steps that she now loves to go up and down, the buttons on the t.v are so fun, the pop bottles under the sink, going outside, and new foods to try every day. I am totally copying Andria, but here is a slide show of Sadie's first year. I tried to use pictures that haven't been posted on my blog (not easy!).


15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just can't be a year. Oh, my, the years just go faster, don't they.

You did a lovely job on the photo collection. Loved the one of brother putting his hand under her chin (and many others of course).

Happy, happy birthday, Sadie!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sadie Margaret!

The montage of photos is great!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

Happy Birthday Sadie! I love the photos and the music with the slide show is great.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE! Wow, how a year does fly by! I love the slideshow, Amie. She is a darling little girl!

Eric started walking 4 days after his first birthday. Maybe today will be her day!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe! Happy birthday, Sadie! What a sweet slide show.. I LOVE the 'worth the wait' shirt.. so true.

Girls are so fun. :)

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, I know I just commented, but I had to come back and tell you..

My boys all gathered around the computer wanting to watch the video of the cute little baby girl with all the big brothers.. meanwhile Ellie had a hissy fit, wanting them to come back to entertaining her.

*sigh* girls...

11:35 AM  
Blogger moo said...

wow, how can it be a year already!?!

Happy 1st birthday, Sadie!!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

It was so fun watching her grow up! She's so cute!

Luke even said so but Shhh...he wouldn't want his boy image to be tainted by having it said he thought a baby was cute! LOL

Happy Birthday to you both! :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger andria said...

She and Elizabeth would be such good friends! They like the same things.

I hear ya about the pink birthday cake. I almost didn't want to cut it, I just still couldn't believe it and I still look at her every night as I put her to bed (in my bed) and am just stunned that she's female.

1:23 PM  
Blogger kelly jeanie said...

Aww!!! Happy birthday sweetie!

Owen even thinks she's cute. :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Sadie! Love the slideshow!!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Sadie!!! I can't believe its already been a year!!! And I imagine how much fun its been to buy pink for your family! I love all the beautiful pictures you put together. She's so adorable!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Jill Corwin said...

Beutiful slides! Happy birthday Sadie!

10:51 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

What pretty and lucky little girl, Happy Birthday Sadie! With those brothers, good luck to any boy who wants to date you when you grow up LOL!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy first birthday Sadie!!! Cannot believe you've been here for a whole year already.

The pictures are precious. What a beauty. :D

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home