Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Homeschool Recap

I haven't been online too much lately. Our laptop is out of commission until the new power cord arrives in the mail, and I just don't feel like going downstairs very often to the desktop. Especially since the homepage down here is set to CNBC market news, and lately that's just plain depressing to see.

I thought I would do a little recap of our school year. This will be our last full week of school. Starting next week, and through the summer, we will be doing school two days a week.

All in all our school year has been very productive.

While it is still not his favorite thing, Isaac's reading has improved so much this year. Especially his comprehension. Also, last year he would resist any attempt we made to get him to read outside of school work but now he will read anything. Due to our chaotic Spring last year, Isaac started this year finishing up his first grade math. He is now half way through third grade math. He is also currently working on cursive writing.

Elijah started this year in kindergarten. He spent about two months doing kindergarten work and then moved on to first grade work. He started the year learning his alphabet and now he is reading! He spent a few months doing kindergarten math but I decided it would be a waste of time to make him finish that. He is now finishing up the first grade math.

Sam started kindergarten with Elijah. However, as Elijah moved ahead I stopped kindergarten with Sam. He did learn his alphabet and numbers though.

I feel good since I already know what needs to be ordered for the Fall so I won't have that hanging over me this summer.

Can I just add how much more I enjoyed this year not being pregnant! :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

It sure is nice to see the end of the year, isn't it? And its nice to know what you want for next year! That's really a first for me I think! I think we'll actually be done before the big move!!! It will be a sigh of relief!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

All in all, it sounds like a wonderful year. And your recap does not even recount your artistic adventures with the children.

As for not being pregnant, I know you enjoyed that--and the little girl who has now taken up residence in your house full of boys!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Risa said...

I'd sure like to keep going through the summer - esp since I'd like to get the kids ahead and be able to get into an accelerated math for next year (what we used has been SO SLOW they hate it) but I'm not sure that will happen. With the kids next door being done with school J & L don't want anything to do with their school work. :P We'll see. Their friends start early morning swim team practice in a week or so so I think we will try and get back into it then!

I'd LOVE to say that I know what I'm doing next year...well, I do for spelling and handwriting - IF I decide to order handwriting - but the rest of is up in the air!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

How old are your boys?

2:08 PM  
Blogger jenni blodgett said...

i'm so proud of you - teaching at all different levels and entertaining toddler and baby too - wonder woman!!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amie! I just looked over your previous post about Sadie's B'day, and noticed in one of the photos Isaac striking a similar "pose" to my Elijah - that of tugging at a wiggly tooth... Classic! I have a few photos of Eli doing the same thing, as he just will not leave the little wiggly things alone... Sadie's cake looked great - and don't you love it when themes come together... Naomi

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's encouraging for me to hear of other's juggling toddlers, babies and school-aged kids. Next year, I'll have a 2nd grader, K and pre-K, 1 year old and new baby. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, but listening to other's success stories (and their frustrations too) helps me to keep plugging through!

I'm going to do 2 days a week this summer, too.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home