Thursday, March 15, 2007

Misc.

  • It's a bit chilly again today, but the last few days have been gorgeous. We took the boys on nice long walks everyday. Dirt and mud = happy boys.
  • I've been working all week on a sewing project. It should be finished today.
  • I had my glucose screening on Monday. I haven't heard from my midwife so I'm assuming I passed. That's always good.
  • Over the last few weeks, three different families have given us homeschooling stuff. The coolest thing we received is one of those little bodies with all the organs and bones inside that you can take apart. We had fun taking it apart, still haven't been able to get it back together correctly.
  • I have a brownie mix in the pantry that has been there two weeks! That has to be a record. It's going to end today though, I'm thinking that brownies are sounding pretty good.
  • Jeremiah replaced a broken toilet handle with a push button one. Of course that made him the coolest dad ever. It still feels kind of weird to flush a toilet by pushing a button though.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I have made brownies twice within a matter of 4 days. All I want is chocolate and we didn't have any- thankfully we had some yummy boxes of brownies waiting to be made!

How cool to have a push button toilet! Do the boys constantly play with it? I think mine would!


How awesome to be blessed with some homeschool materials! That body sounds like fun!

I need to check your sewing blog...I'm finally getting back on track with blogs!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

~the body sounds fun. i need to look for some extra learning materials.
~yum!!!!brownies sound great.
~isn't it funny how the littlest things make dad the coolest. my girls love there dad over and over again.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Mmmmm, brownies.....

A push button would be cool. I didn't know you could install those...lol.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

A push button toilet? Too cool. Now if only I could come up with a self cleaning toilet seat, I'd be thrilled. I KNOW you know what I mean! LOL

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could get a loo that DIDN'T have a push button! What other types of "flushers" are there?!!! I've even been to the States (20+ yrs ago...) don't seem to recall the flushing mechanism. Educate me...(lol)
Naomi

9:35 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Naomi,
Most toilets here have a handle that you push down to flush the toilet.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a classic! You must think I'm daft! Thanks for filling me in... I AM laughing here... Mum grew up with an outback loo & I remember the chain that had to be pulled to flush... Don't recall ever having a discussion about toilets before, other than when ours needed to be fixed. Anyhoo, have a beautiful day with your boys and bundle. Naomi

10:12 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Brownies sound good about now:) My kids would have a blast with that toilet!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

I know what you mean about the nice weather. IT's been gorgeous here too, and we've been spending every afternoon outdoors. MMMMM, Brownies sound yummy.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

all the toilets here in brussels have the button! i have never seen one in an american home though - very cool.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home