Monday, February 26, 2007

Homemaking Meme

I saw this over at Arwens and thought it looked fun. Feel free to play along.

Aprons (Y/N)
: Actually, I don't even own an apron so I guess that would be "no". I've thought about making an apron before. I used to have a pattern for fancy aprons, but gave that to my SIL because she wanted to try making aprons for her girls.

Baking (Favorite thing to bake): I like to make breads like pumpkin, banana or cinnamon.

Clothesline (Y/N): Not right now, but we do plan on getting one. It saves money and I actually find hanging clothes to be relaxing.

Donuts: I like donuts, but I don't buy or make them. They are calorie bombs.

Every Day (One homemaking thing you do every day): The only thing I can think of that I do everyday is prepare a meal of some sort. That doesn't always mean cooking, sometimes it means cooking frozen chicken nuggets, or leftovers, or even cereal.

Freezer (Do you have a separate deep freeze?): No, but we could use one.

Garbage Disposal (Y/N): No. Garbage disposal is not good for a septic system (which we have.)

Handbook (What is your favorite homemaking resource?): Allrecipes.com

Ironing (Love it or hate it?): Generally, the only time I iron is when I'm sewing and need to apply interfacing or press a seam.

Junk drawer (Y/N) (Where?):Yes! In the kitchen.

Kitchen (Design and decorating):Hmmm...all I can think of to describe our kitchen is white. The floor is white, the cupboards and countertop are white. The previous owners did not cut corners on anything, and left us very nice appliances.

Love (What is your favorite part of homemaking?): Sewing is considered homemaking right? If so, then hands down sewing. Otherwise it would be baking.

Mop (Y/N): I use a Swiffer wet jet. It makes cleaning the kitchen (and bathroom) floor so easy and fast.

Nylons: Not sure how this applies to homemaking. I don't use nylons for anything but my legs .

Oven (Do you use the window or open the door to check?): I always open the door. Sometimes I use the window, but I never trust what I see unless I open the door.

Pizza (What do you put on yours?): Most any veggies and mushrooms. Pepperoni is the only meat I like.

Quiet (What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?): I'm assuming a quiet moment means no housework. I would either read, sew or go online.

Recipe card box (Y/N): No. I could use one though, right now my cards are in a little basket. Actually, I'm not sure I have even seen that basket since we moved here.

Style of house: Split level ranch. 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.

Tablecloths and napkins? No tablecloth, and paper napkins. I have been thinking about getting cloth napkins though, because I always see cool napkin holders I would like to use.

Under the kitchen sink (Organized or toxic wasteland?): Pop cans and dish rags. Not organized, but not toxic either.

Vacuum (How many times per week?): The living room/hall/dining room gets vacuumed every other day. The upstairs bedrooms probably once every couple weeks, and the downstairs bedroom and the steps, less often.

Wash (How many loads of laundry do you do in a week?): Five or six?

X's (Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?): No.

Yard (Who does what?): Jeremiah cleans up the dog poop. Otherwise I think we both do the yard stuff, although he probably does more. I do any gardening.

Zzz's: Actually, I get more than enough.

3 Comments:

Blogger 'Ailina said...

This looks like a lot of fun. You and I have a whole lot in common in the way we do things! Thanks to you and Arwen. I think I'm going to do this, too.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

It does seem like the work never stops though doesn't it?? lol Laundry for me is about every other day just because I hate waiting to long and then having massive piles of stuff to do!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I'm not too much of a homemaker so I probably couldn't answer half of these :)

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home