Friday, March 02, 2007

Watercolors

So painting with watercolors on canvas is really fun! The canvas regularly cost about $5 a piece, and next time I get a coupon for Mich*els I will get more. After the boys saw me carefully draw and paint my picture, they are interested in doing another one with more thought put into it.

So here is our plain hallway turned Art Gallery:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And since we had an extra canvas (they came in packs of 2), I tried my hand at watercolors:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

strawberry shortcake! how cute:) you did a good job on that

9:16 AM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

Very cool, it really brightens up the hall. It must be so neat for the boys to see their work so neatly displayed.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I like it! That looks great!!!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I love all of them! And what a great splash of color in your hallway.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

so cute! I love the idea of a home art gallery!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was just wondering when you were going to post pictures of this art project. They look great!!!!!!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Jill Corwin said...

What beautiful art your family created! It looks great on the wall.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! Now THAT'S art! Treasured pieces by your boys, indeed... And don't you just LOVE the Strawberry Shortcake colours for girls - too sweet!
Naomi

3:02 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That is really awesome. You did a great job, are you going to hang Strawberry Shortcake in the baby's room? :D

2:40 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

I love it! Thats the best art you could have, by the best artists.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I love the color!

Isn't it wonderful to have some bright colors in the hall.

Inexpensive poster frames (when Michaels or Hobby Lobby has a sale) and you will not need expensive art reprints on your walls. You will have the originals!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home