Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Bookcase

It all started a few weeks ago when I was browsing my archives. I came across this post from two years ago and couldn't believe how nice and neat my bakers rack was. I wanted it to look like that again! That bakers rack had become our school book shelf and held all the books that we are currently using (which happens to be a lot).

I decided that if I wanted to reclaim the bakers rack, we needed a new bookcase. I found this one at Sam's Club a while ago, but Monday was the first day Jeremiah was able to take the seats out of the van to get it. I spent all afternoon putting it together (and still have a few things left to do). We also anchored it to the wall so it can't tip over. I really like it, and I love that it takes up a whole wall so I don't have to worry about decorating that wall!

Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a lovely cabinet. :-D

10:12 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Isn't it funny how the kid's stuff gradually takes over everything in the house? Even my bedroom looks like a toyroom! lol And my purse....don't even get me started on that! When I'm looking for my phone, I seem to pull out hot wheel after hot wheel!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That's awesome!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would SO love one of those! It looks great! And did you write that you put it together??? You are incredible!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

OOOOHHHH that is a NICE bookcase! Looks great!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home