Friday, January 26, 2007

Homeschool Resource Meme

1) ONE HOMESCHOOLING BOOK YOU HAVE ENJOYED : I haven't read a book about homeschooling since Isaac was a baby and we got a computer. I do remember a good book about how to use the library effectively. Can't remember what it was called though.

2) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULDN'T BE WITHOUT: Our computer.

3) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER BOUGHT: The complete curriculum we purchased this year. We don't use half of it.

4) ONE RESOURCE YOU ENJOYED LAST YEAR: The BOB books from the library. They are for very beginner readers.

5) ONE RESOURCE YOU WILL BE USING NEXT YEAR: Math-U-See Beta for Isaac, and Math-U-See primer for Elijah.

6) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY: A telescope.

7) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH EXISTED: I can't really think of any that don't exist...how about funding? LOL

8) ONE HOMESCHOOLING CATALOGUE YOU ENJOY READING: I don't like looking at catalogs. One of my biggest frustrations with homeschooling is the sheer amount of resources to sort thru and catalogs just perpetuate that.

9) ONE HOMESCHOOLING WEBSITE YOU USE REGULARLY: How about two? HSLDA.Org for news and Math-U-See.com for the math drills.

10) TAG OTHER HOMESCHOOLERS: If you homeschool and you haven't done this yet, knock yourself out.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Amie, Just read your homeschooling meme...if you do get a telescope make sure it is one the strong enough to get a good view of the moon and stars. Reese got one for Christmas this year and we have a hard time clearly seeing the moon. Maybe it's the fact there are so many light in our area, I don't know. She doesn't mind and just enjoys looking at the moon and specks all the same. For teaching purposes though it may make a difference. Just a thought.

8:37 PM  
Blogger andria said...

I ordered the art book from CLP and it arrived yesterday. I am anxious to do some of the things in it. I bought the K and 1st and intend to do a little of both. I also got the K social studies curriculum because he gets nothing but math/reading at school. It looks good, we haven't started anything yet though. I have about 3 weeks to decide if I am going to enroll him in school so I wanted to attempt this first.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Kate O'Brien said...

I love reading about your journey with homeschooling. You inspire me. I read your other posts - I can relate with the reading problems. My 1st grader totally doesn't want to spend the time to practice and gets so frustrated easily.

The crowns are so cute! You guys do such fun projects!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

I couldn't homeschool! lol I would end up killing someone! lol But if I ever do, I would definitaly have some ideas of where to get things now!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home