Tuesday, December 19, 2006

White Christmas?

Who would of thought that way up here in Northern Michigan we might be relegated to simply dreaming of a white Christmas? Our snow is long gone, and the 10 day forecast isn't looking promising. Although, that can change. It's not all bad though, Mary Jane and I have been enjoying nice long outdoor walks. They are such a nice break from my treadmill. The lakes are so pretty to walk by, even in winter.

We just bought a new slow cooker. I have been waiting for the right sale. The cover of our last one broke awhile ago and I have been wanting a new one. Our new one is a 7 qt, big enough for 6-7 people. I picked up one crock pot cookbook, and on our next trip to the library I plan on checking out a bunch more. So, if you have a favorite slow cooker recipe, please share!

Yesterday, we made our second batch of Christmas cookies. Elijah brought some over to the neighbors in a little red Christmas pail. This morning, they returned the pail filled with some cookies they made. Elijah said "look, they have this pail too!"

Speaking of Christmas cookies. Jonah loves them (what one year old doesn't love a cookie smothered in frosting?) Yesterday, he wanted a cookie. We were just about to walk out the door to go to somebody's house, and he has just had a bath, so I handed him an unfrosted one. He took it and flipped it over, looking for the frosting. Flip flip flip, over and over. He must of stood there two minutes flipping that cookie over and over looking for some frosting.

9 Comments:

Blogger DDanielle said...

LOL that is cute! Chad brought home cookies yesterday and I have to say I prefer the unfrosted ones, but I am not a big fan of frosing in any sense.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

That is so cute! Can't you just imagine what their little minds are thinking... "Nope, not on that side. Not on that side either. Maybe I missed it the first time. Shoot - let's try the other side again. It's got be here somewhere...."

2:04 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Utoh, I see you switched to beta! Let's see if this works!

We gave cookies to all our neighbors too. I love baking and giving them to people. And Baby Boy over here is also getting into "big people" food. Everytime I eat now all he says is Mama, Mama, Mama and then opens his mouth! It's to cute!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

LOL Jonah is so cute! I can just see his little face while flipping that cookie! How dare it not have frosting!!! I know what you mean about White Christmas. Hannah saw on the calendar that tomorrow is the first day of winter so she thinks it will start to get cold and snowy now...we really need to move away from the south so these kids can experience some snow!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Me said...

LOL that's funny about Jonah. He knows what the good stuff is :)

7:58 PM  
Blogger andria said...

I love my slow cooker. Best invention ever.

Ihave a great green bean recipe I just found and have made it three times already..

3 cans green beans
2 cups shredded monterey jack
1 chopped onion
2 T melted butter
2T flour

Mix the beans and onion together in crockpot and then mix the flour and butter to make a sort of paste and then mix it with the beans real good then mix in the cheese. cook on high about 3 hours...but check after 2 because the last time mine burned a little.

Even my non bean eating kids will eat that.

4:56 AM  
Blogger ~cjoy said...

I have a favorite crock pot COOK BOOK (too many recipes to just lists one):
Crock-It by Barbara M. Murray, R.N.
I have never enjoyed so many recipes from one cookbook before.

9:28 AM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

My crockpot recipes almost always turn into barbecue. Chicken, beef, or pork. Barbecue. I can't seem to help myself!

(I answered your doggie question over at my place.)

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cute!! I can just see him doing that, a quizzical "huh?" on his brow...
:-)

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home