Tuesday, November 28, 2006

One Less Thing to Worry About

Mary Jane was spayed today. I feel bad thinking she might feel we abandoned her. When we brought her in for her last shots it was clear she remembered the vet's office and did not want to be there. I can imagine she was not happy to go back to the vets and get left there! The vet did call and say everything went fine and that she would be sleeping most of the day. She also said she had been very close to going in heat so the timing was good. That is good, because the last thing we need around here is a litter of puppies! I tried explaining this to the boys yesterday, but they couldn't understand why we wouldn't want puppies.

I'm also a little worried about bringing her home tomorrow. The boys are anything but gentle with her. I guess if they see she has an "owie" they will leave her alone though.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having been through this with previous pets, I would suggest keeping her isolated tonight. She will be groggy and drunk like tonight anyway. She should be good to go tomorrow, maybe a little sore, by Thursday she will be good as new.

3:04 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

WHen Belle was done, I had to yell at her on the way there. The vet's office wasn't to far, and I dropped her off on my way to work. She was so excited to go somewhere and she was jumping around the car like crazy. I had enough and it was getting dangerous so I yelled at her to lay down....but I used this unearthly voice, she listend and behaved the rest of the way. But I didn't get a chance to give her a hug and kiss and tell her thank you for being a good girl. They just took her away while I was signing papers. To this day Belle runs and hides when I yell, and I know it is because of that!
She was so weird after all groggy, and she didn't want to be touched at all. SO I would try to keep her away from the boys as much as possible. Once she is ok, just make sure they are extra careful for a while.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

They are actually keeping her overnight, is that not normal?

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think some vets send them home same day now, but they never used to. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you all tomorrow! And dogs heal amazingly quickly.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we got our second dog (Baby Cakes -- she had that name when we got her)the Humane Society made an appointment for us to bring her back to be spayed. I took her in one day before work and as soon as I got to work I got a call from them. My first thought was that they'd killed her! But when they shaved her they found out she'd already been spayed so the poor dog went through the drugs and shaving for nothing! Then they asked if they could keep the $35 I'd paid for the service -- I said sure but if we found out that the scar they assumed was for spaying was not, they owed me one! Because she wasn't spayed we picked her up early and the poor dog was so groggy she kept walking into walls.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Hope the doggie's doing okay and the boys are being "gentle" :)

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home