Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Art Project and More

This weeks art project was envelopes. Since our new theme is "art to share with others", the object is to use the envelope to send a letter or card. Isaac choose to send a Christmas card to grandma and grandpa, while Elijah and Sam choose to draw pictures for our neighbors. I let them use my Christmas stamps to decorate them.

In other news, I have so much stuff to do! We still have to take our picture for our Christmas card (hopefully tomorrow), I still have baking to do, shopping to finish (then there will packages to mail), and I have a gift package to put together for a friend. Not to mention Isaac's birthday next week!

This is what I want to bake: pumpkin bread, gingerbread men, Christmas cookies, fudge and peanut butter cookies with the hershey kiss on them.

As for my blood pressure, the diastolic was still a tiny bit elevated. My midwife agreed that monitoring at home is probably a good idea. I had to laugh though because she told me not to take it every day, while I was thinking I would take it about three times a day. So I bought a monitor and my bp readings at home have all been just fine.

We have snow! Lots and lots of it. The boys have been having a lot of fun playing outside. In fact, I think I will sign off so we can go do that. Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy your snow! It's too cold for the kids to want to just go out and play and they are bouncing off the walls (Luke is "exercising" on the couch as I type!)! At least if there was snow outside they would be more willing to go out and play in the cold! :)

I still have baking and some shopping to do also...I may just order online and ship from there to avoid the double shipping cost to my dad and Levi and Jaclyn...we'll see!

Glad to hear your BP is doing better! :)

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaaaa!!!! We want some snow here. It has been cold here lately, getting into the 20-30s at night (cold for us). Today is nicer and the kids are out playing...but I bet they wish it was in snow!

Yes, I have baking, shopping, the whole gamut to do. I've done some shopping but still have some left...the never-ending list!

I would want to take my bp a million times a day to be sure! Glad its better at home;)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Yep, I miss the snow!!! lol Home for 1 day and miss it already. It really makes the holidays better!!

Your list sounds never ending! But when I think about it, I should get off my tush and do some of the same!! lol

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a few things to get done. The baking sounds like fun. I miss baking. I used to love it but since we found out about Jake's food allergies, I feel rotten baking and telling him he can't have any....So, I don't bake much anymore.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Dana,
We have those issues here with Sammy's food allergies. It is hard, we always try to have an alternative on hand for him.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

very cute art project!

I haven't even done ANY baking. Friday night I plan to make some Christmas candy... I've got packages to get in the mail!

Glad your BP is OK.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you with snow! We miss it greatly this time of year.

Sounds like you will be a busy bee with all that baking and holiday prep to do. We are busy here too so I can relate!

Take it easy and glad to hear your BP is okay!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm coming to your place to eat! Of course, then MY blood pressure would rise...
;-)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home