Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday

Checking in for my weekly blog post...

  • I ordered some plain plastic barrettes a few weeks ago so I could make some curly ribbon barrettes for Sadie. Once I got started making those, I did not want to stop! I did stop eventually, because I ran out of ribbon.
  • W@l-Mart is closing their fabric department here (in most, if not all, their stores). That really bummed me out. We have other options here, but I know some areas don't have many places to buy fabric. Boo W@l-mart.
  • It's interesting to see what library books the boys want. We are on such different wavelengths. Hurricanes, tornados, jets, tanks or animals.
  • Isaac and Elijah area both taking German during enrichment classes. The only problem is I can't help them study their flash cards because I have no idea how to pronounce those words!
  • Jonah has no problem staying in his class this semester without me. Last semester I couldn't leave him. It's amazing how much difference a couple months can make.
  • I'm almost finished reading The Indian in the Cupboard to the boys. I forgot what a great book that was. Even Jonah listens sometimes. We're going to watch the movie when I finish. I can't remember if it's any good or not though.
  • I sat here much too long thinking up these bullets.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Did you take a picture of the barrettes? I bet they're adorable. Unreal that Wm is closing that department... I have Indian in the Cupboard written down to remind me to read it to the kids.

9:42 AM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

I just stopped going to W@lm@rt pretty much altogether. I used to love the fabric areas. But I still go when I visit my mom, there is just not many other places to shop without paying an arm and a leg for simple stuff.
I watched the Indian in the Cupboard a lot last summer (it was a free movie offering on our cable). I have been thinking about what I should start reading to Daniel now that he pays attention, that may be a good start.
I bet you can look online somewhere and hear how to pronounce German words.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I'm disappointed about Walmart too. We bought their $1.50 a yard fabric to make all our christmas play costumes. I'd like to see those barrettes you made too.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've just given me another idea for a book for Eli this year - thanks. I haven't seen the Indian in a Cupboard movie, nor have I read the book, but I will before E does. He will be starting James and the Giant Peach after the holidays. Have you read that and/or seen the movie? I read the book and loved it, but was told the movie was a bit freaky... BTW, what are barrettes? (I figured, as I hope you may answer my first lot of questions, that you wouldn't mind just one more!!!;)...)

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to add that I have heard people rave about both the book and the movie of the Indian in the Cupboard. Now, time for bed...

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home