Saturday, January 31, 2009

Winter Survival Kit

January may be over, but I'm sure February will be more of the same. This winter has been especially snowy, even for up here in Northern Michigan. This is how I've been surviving the winter:

Photobucket

First, you gotta have your chocolate. Do I even have to say that? Then you have to have your exercise to work off the chocolate and help keep the winter blues away. I like Leslie Sansone's workouts, but I prefer to turn down the TV volume and turn up my own music. Good books are a must. Board games are fun for the (many) days your snowed in. Currently, Jeremiah and I are tied 2-2 in Scrabble. New summer dress patterns to work on remind you that winter will not last forever, even if the basement is freezing cold while you try to sew. Tea is almost as satisfying as hot chocolate and much healthier. Throw in some new Lost episodes and winter is almost bearable!

One thing I forgot in this picture...play doh! The boys have spent hours upon hours playing with their play doh. Of course, anything that keeps them quiet and occupied for hours is also good for me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lucky, lucky girl! You have a Husband who plays Scrabble with you!!! I have to play on the internet... ;) Your survival kit sounds like just the thing. And what Mother could live without play doh?!!! Would you please, if you are happy to do so, send me your address via my email when you get a chance? Have a great day, and keep us posted on the outcome of the Scrabble tournament...

7:41 AM  
Blogger andria said...

Now see, the last year we were in WV the entire month of Feb we were pretty much snowed in. I loved it because we could spend so much time together, my husband and best friends across the street.

Lots of beef jerky and trivial pursuit for us.

I took your last post and made it into a meme because it would be too long on your comment box.

If I find a pattern I like can I mail it to you?

9:00 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

All great ways to pass the winter days

6:07 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

Play dough does work wonders. I was hoping to go get a new book today but I didn't get the chance. I was just telling Chad this morning "I love the snow, but this winter does seem longer."

9:55 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Good idea! Our winter hasn't been too bad here in Mo. Just cold. Seeing those patterns has reminded me I need to get busy on some new dreses for my girls.

2:57 AM  
Blogger I Am Boymom said...

I have very few days when my kids can't go play in the winter. We have to have a summer survival kit here in Phoeinx, which usually entails some kind of water play. Great ideas though!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home