Thursday, September 25, 2008

6 Unspectacular Quirks

ChurchPunkMom and Dana have both tagged me for this meme so I guess I should give it a go.

The rules for this Meme are:

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them. (I'm not going to tag anybody though)
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. I saw my ice skates out in the garage earlier and felt sad when I realized how long it's been since I used them. I love ice skating and I used to go all them time when I was young.

2. Before I had children I had a compulsion to finish every book I started, and I would only read one book at a time. After I had children and my reading time became more valuable, I started to let myself quit reading a book if I couldn't get into it (although I won't post it on my reading blog if I didn't finish it). I also read many books at the same time. One for upstairs, one for downstairs, one for the van ect...

3. I have started requesting catalogs from expensive children's clothes stores. I'm going to use them to copy dress ideas for Sadie.

4. I eat broccoli almost every single day. Elijah, Jonah and Sadie all share my love of broccoli.

5. I'm considering getting my hair cut in an undercut bob like this. I can't decide. Last time I was at the mall I even walked into the salon to make an appointment but then changed my mind and walked out.

6. It bugs me that some of these are not real "quirks" by definition, but I don't have the time to think of real quirks.

7 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

GET.YOUR.HAIR.DONE Seriously that undercut bob would look so good on you!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

it's a cute hairstyle! I say go for it. Hair grows back if you don't love it. :-)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

I think that haircut would look fabulous on you! Go for it! I've been contemplating getting my hair hacked off. I go back and forth between that and letting it grow out really long. THEN I saw the preview for the movie The Women and Meg Ryan's hairdo really spoke to me. I think I'm going to grow mine out a bit longer and perm it like hers. It probably won't look as good on me since, you know, she has hair and makeup people and all....

11:44 AM  
Blogger ChurchPunkMom said...

cut it! with bangs.. then dye it black and we can be twins again.. lol

i'm kidding. if i had hair your color, i wouldn't be dying mine!! but yeah, cut it. ;-)

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tagged you too, Girl, but just ignore it... How, how, HOW, do you read more than one book at a time??? Amazing!!! I always say a haircut's a change and a change is as good as a holiday...

6:45 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Go for the haircut!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a really difficult time reading more than one book at a time -- I'm with Naomi HOW do you DO it?

I'm going to play devil's advocate on the haircut, since you've had plenty of positive comments on the idea. I assume that this cut, in this style, would mean flat-ironing your pretty wavy/curly hair. Every. Frickin. Day.

Now, if you have a stylist who can cut your hair into the perfect layers to fall as it will at this length (and there are stylists out there who can do it - I've seen them on tv!!!), one who also understands the words "I'm not going to put product on it, I'm not going to spend an hour blow-drying, flat-ironing, and arranging it, I don't care how guilty you attempt to make me feel - I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO." Then, yes, it would be seriously cute on you, and probably very easy at the same time. But the cut has gotta be done right, or it will stick out in all the wrong places. And then you'll be stuck with either a daily flat-iron session or a doo-rag.

:-)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home