Thursday, September 04, 2008

Back to School

Well, our first week of school is nearly completed. It felt like a busy week, but the real busyness has not even begun yet. In a few weeks our homeschool co-op begins (twice a month). There are so many fun classes to choose from this year and all four boys will be able to participate. Also, the three older boys will be going to a weekly Spanish class. They remain a little skeptical about the Spanish class, but I think they will enjoy it once it starts.

I hope everybody elses school year is off to a good start.

In other news...

I've slowly been working on Sadie's room. Until now, it's basically been a walk in closet for her clothes. It also still had a Superman valance since it used to be Sam and Jonah's room. I'm working on a quilt for her, so I wanted some sheer white curtains with embroidery that would match a lot of different fabrics. A few days ago I checked at T@rget and found exactly what I had in mind...for $20 a panel! No way could the seamstress in me pay $40 for some sheer curtains. I had already looked for curtain fabric before and I didn't find what I had in mind so I assumed I would have to settle for a different look. Until! I went to W@lmart today and found what I wanted on clearance for $5 a panel!! I couldn't make them for that. AND the butterfly curtain rod on clearance for $5 too! I know we love to hate W@almart, but wally world sure made my day today.

My next plan is to paint a headboard white and stencil some butterflies or dragonflies on it for her room.

Photobucket

11 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

We have started, but we don't have their books yet. We are working on the girls play room right now and then we'll move on to their bedroom. I'll post pics soon and about your blogging stress. I'm with Dawn. Mine is just about our life and for family and friends that don't live close by. I think you do a great job!!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

So pretty!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

love the curtains... the butterfly rod is adorable. And the Spanish class sounds fun! I bet they will like it once they get started. (I really think the best way to learn languages is to start young, so yay for them!)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Glad school's going well. Ours consists of learning all about a new baby these days;) It's fun! Hannah's got that same rod and similiar curtains!!!

12:03 PM  
Blogger I Am Boymom said...

Wel, we started school back in July, so we are heading into fall brak already at the end of September. The first week was hectic for us, trying to get back into the routine. The room looks soooo cute!

12:31 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

Very cute!
I know what you mean about W@lmart. We try to avoid it, but its pretty much the only place to shop when we visit my mom. Its so hard to resist the clearance section....I mean $2 shirts! Yeah they don't last long and someone in China doesn't eat because I paid so little....but I don't get out much so I do just need cheap clothes to wear.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Babyface74 said...

Very Cute. I understand about not being able to pay too much for something. I go to all the thrift stores around here on a regular basis. I love decorating when you can do it for such a reasonable amount of money.
Thank you for your input on the sewing machine. That is the one I am eye balling. My MIL has a different one and told me to come and play with hers until I get the hang of it. I will have to take her up on it. Have a great weekend.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Ah, well, slow but sure means that you'll end up satisfied with what you want for your darling girl's room.

It's looking great already.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadie's window treatment looks so sweet. And it does gives you a buzz when you get it done at a great price!

3:15 AM  
Blogger Risa said...

I should go today to see if our store has those things on clearance - Jozie has the bedding that matches that window treatment.

We have been having school for a few weeks now. I'm still getting in some of our book - I'm still waiting on one student book for MUS but other than that I'm about good to go!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Love the curtains!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home