Thursday, December 27, 2007

Home

I hope everybody had a great Christmas! We did. We arrived back home last night. We had a great time up North and got to visit with so much family! We somehow managed to get all the little cousins on Jeremiah's side together! Something that has never happened before, and who knows when it will happen again...hopefully we don't have to wait another 8 years!

Do I have the only children who sleep in on Christmas morning? I mean they actually don't even wake up when you are trying to wake them.

I have to say it feels very weird to be sitting here with nothing I should be doing. For the last month every time I sat down a little voice would be saying "you should be ______"
Even on Christmas Eve I was up until midnight wrapping gifts. To think that I can start sewing anything I want now! I will miss the Christmas music while I sew though.

Now, I'm off to check on all of you and see how your Holidays have been. I haven't checked my bloglines in six days and the thought of what awaits me there is overwhelming!

7 Comments:

Blogger DDanielle said...

We did have a great Christmas. Daniel slept in as well then insisted on eating breakfast before opening gifts.....even then he had to be strongly encouraged to do so...eventually getting a time out when he started to have a tantrum when we took a marker away from him.....then again he isn't even 2 yet.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

It was so great to see you guys!!! I think the only way my kids woke up Christmas morning was because I did. They probably would have slept longer but I knew we had a lot to do that day and I could hear my mom downstairs waiting!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Amie, when I was in Europe, Christmas lasted until 12th night on January 6. I am sure that you can get away with Christmas music until then!

Anyway, I have a favorite Festival of Light cd that I haul out and listen to at other times of the year, too.

I'm glad you had a great time up north. Did you get any snow?

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine all got up at the crack of dawn - or before - when they were little. Actually, now that I think about it, Hannah usually had to be dragged from her bed by her brothers. Keith, on year, showed up next to my bed around 4am.

We've enjoyed the last two years of sleeping in on Christmas morning. I think we're still making up for the previous 14 years or so.

Thank you for your kind words, Amie. It's been a rough Christmas for me, of course. But I'm actually appreciating reading about the normalcy of most everyone else's holiday, knowing it will be that way for me again.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may be a touch on the 'nosy' side, but I've been 'tuning into' your blog for almost 3 years now, and so I'm really keen to see your Christmas Family Photo that you mentioned in an earlier post!!!!! I know, I'm rude! But you don't know me, I can't get one in the mail, so, please, may I be blessed... Happy New Year... Naomi

6:29 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

glad that you had a great Christmas!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Nice to hear you had a great Christmas!

I know what you mean about sitting down and not having a list of things that HAD to be done. It's been a month since I could say that. As much as I love the holidays, it's nice to move on.

Happy New Year to all of you.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home