Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Party

We had a Christmas party here last night. Five families (including us) and eighteen kids. After everybody left I redid the math a couple times in my head because I couldn't believe there had been eighteen kids here, it didn't feel like that many.

I would love to share some pictures here but, true to myself, I forgot to take any pictures. Not one. I'm seriously considering handing the camera duties to Isaac and letting him be our family photographer.

I made (and tasted) wassail for the first time. It is pretty good. It's a spiced hot drink that is perfect for the Holidays. I used this recipe, but there are many many different recipes (including alcoholic ones).

8 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

The recipe sounds great, I might just try it. Kim, Chris and girls will be here for Christma. We can't wait to see them. I keep praying that the weather is good for driving.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Wow, I bet that was an adventure huh? Screaming, banshey kids running everywhere, lol, that'd be enough to make my brain hurt! A christmas party sounds like fun though, I wish we knew more people to have a big get together!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS forget to take pictures - trust me, you are doing a much better job of documenting your families lives than I have!! That party sounds like it was fun! Wish I was closer!

:-)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

I've not been that great at taking pictures either...My kids are going to wonder if they actually lived with us for their 7th and 8th years! LOL

Let Isaac take the pictures...It's always interesting to see the world through a child's eyes. Jozie has a digital camera that takes half way decent pictures and she can take some crazy ones, that's for sure!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Kether said...

I have no idea where I would put that many people in my tiny house...

I'm giving Liam a digi camera for Christmas...the fisher price kind. If he gets good, I might be *in* pictures now and again.

Glad you had fun. I love full houses like that.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a homeschool Christmas party last night. 15 adults and 26 kids. You could tell there were a lot of kids (but it was great). LOL

Glad you had fun!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to add that I forgot to take pictures too. :( Too busy hostessing I guess.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You put a good party together Amie. The kids really enjoyed playing those games. The wassail was soooo yummy and the games we played were so fun too! We all had a great time. THANKS!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home