Friday, November 30, 2007

Week from You-Know-Where

On Sunday I was in the family room at church with another lady who had two children. She mentioned how her daughter had been sick over Thanksgiving, but nobody else in their family. I should of grabbed Jonah right then and ran.

Every single one of us had a stomach bug this week. All.Five.Kids. Yes, five kids with a stomach bug is as bad as it sounds. There was a very low ratio of actually making it to the toilet. Lots of cleaning, lots of laundry. It hit the youngest the hardest, as Jeremiah, Isaac and I all had it very mild and poor Sadie, Jonah and Sammy had it the worst. Sadie worries me the most because she is so small and small babies can dehydrate so fast. She is not sick anymore, but her diaper was dry this morning and that's not good. I'm feeding her as often as I can, but I'm going to pick up some pedialyte to make sure she gets those fluids back.

Two goods things are 1. It's a short virus (12-24 hours), 2. The boys all napped...a lot.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

You poor thing!! Your poor kids! I've been there and done that with 2 kids, but with 5 kids - that would have had me crying.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh wow, I feel for you:( 3 of my 4 have been sick this week as well, except we have bronchitis, poor Ella has to go on breathing treatments now and she hates them!!
Hope you all feel better soon.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

UGH, the vomiting/diarrhea sickness is the worst too!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I'm so sorry. :(

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh man, I am so sorry. I couldn't even imagine. Hope your all on the mend.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

Ugh! I feel just sick for you! Hopefully you won't need to worry about it again this year!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you'll have a much better week next week! Glad you're getting Sadie some pedialyte.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Ick X's 5!!! lol

9:42 PM  
Blogger Jill Corwin said...

So sorry!!!!! Yuck!!!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Oh no! I've not had to deal with 5 sick at once yet. (knocking on wood) That really stinks. That was pretty crummy of that mom to bring her sick kid to church. Hopefully everyone is better now!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

ugh, that sounds TERRIBLE. I hope everyone is feeling better!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how aweful! We were lucky enough to only have Torrin get it.. Now though, Torrin and Ellie both have a cold.

Glad you're all feeling better!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home