Friday, March 23, 2007

On the Pregnancy Front...

I passed the glucose tolerance test, all four numbers. Good thing too, because I have been waiting all winter for S*m's Club to carry potato salad (a seasonal item), and they just started stocking it. I'm no nutritionist, but I'm pretty sure potato salad would not be on a diabetic diet.

I have another ultrasound scheduled in the beginning of April. I am so extremely nervous that this ultrasound will show boy parts. Half of me has just not accepted that I could actually have a girl baby inside of me. If this baby is a boy, however, that is definitely info I would like before the birth.

My blood pressure continues to creep up. The bottom number is getting pretty close to high. If it gets any higher I'm going to have to go back to an OB to see what they say about it. Later on we will be doing non-stress tests and blood tests to make sure it's not affecting my kidney function (something that happened when I was pregnant with Sammy). I had a feeling I was going to be dealing with my blood pressure again this time. It always happens on my odd number babies.

I guess that's it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very glad you passed the second glucose test! I'm sorry you're having BP issues -- weird that it happens on alternate pregnancies. And here's hoping we can continue to think pink after that ultrasound! :-) Take good care.

11:48 AM  
Blogger andria said...

I don't know Amie, but that picture you posted of your ultrasound really didn't look anything like boy parts to me. I know you've done it before, but my two boy part ultrasounds looked nothing like that. I think you're in the clear there but I dont' blame you for being nervous. I am nervous wondering what we have as well. I feel like I will be disappointed no matter what they tell me. I should have found out ahead of time.

Glad to hear you don't have GD. my BP is doing this as well which it hasn't done before. I have to go back early next week for another check. Keep us posted, hope all goes well with it.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That's awesome that you passed the glucose test! I hope your BP gets better.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Glad you passed!!! Hopefully that baby girl stays a baby girl :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

Well if there is boy parts....it will always be a funny story to tell him:-)

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dealt with high blood pressure too, with #1 & #2. It was no fun! I hope it's under control for you.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home