Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Hodgepodge

Here are a few of our Christmas highlights:

On Saturday, Jeremiah's mom came down to bring gifts and spend the afternoon. The boys had a wonderful time opening their presents and visiting grandma. Before she arrived, I had a little chat with Elijah regarding the correct response to receiving clothes as a gift. Last year when Grandma brought him a very cute outfit, he said "We already have clothes." This year, when he opened a shirt he smiled big and said "Look! A shirt!"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My Christmas fudge was a dismal failure. It was more like fudge frosting. Next year I will be looking for a less complicated recipe. No more of this dropping fudge into cold water to see if it turns into a ball ect... Last year I made fudge with my friends and it turned out great. Obviously that was due to their skill and not mine.

After church on Sunday we stopped at the store to pick up some ingredients for Christmas dinner. I wanted to buy some sparkling juice. The cashier told me she could not sell it before noon because, even though it is non-alcoholic, it is made by a liquor company. It was 11:55. "Forget it" I told her, I wasn't going to stand around for five minutes for some juice!

Speaking of our Christmas dinner, Jeremiah requested stew. I certainly wasn't going to raise any objections! On Christmas morning I threw everything in the crock pot and forgot about it until dinner time. Also, my mom used to make stew on Christmas so it felt like carrying on a tradition.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On Christmas morning the boys woke us up and politely asked if they could open their presents. Before we got started Isaac reminded me that it was the Lord's birthday. I was humbled because I certainly wasn't thinking about that! They each got a few things, but most of their gifts were things for all of them. A big box of duplos and board games. The hands down favorite was the Fisher Price castle. They played with that all. day. long. Then woke up today and played some more. It is a very cool castle though.

The only downside to the day was Jonah. He is not feeling well and only wants to be rocked and snuggled. He hasn't even touched his new toys yet. That will change when he feels better...or maybe not. You know how one year olds are, anything is more interesting than a toy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some of you might remember way back in October when I said I was wishing for a dressform. Well, even though I never brought it up again, Jeremiah went back in the archives and ordered the exact model I wanted! Granted, it wasn't a surprise because I check the bank site every day, but I was still excited! Here is a pic of me and "My Double", even though it's really my pre-pregnancy double. I had a chance to play with some fabric yesterday and I already know it's going to make a great addition to my sewing tools.

I hope everybody had a great day and I look forward to reading about it and seeing pics on your blogs.

10 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

LOL Leave it to kids to throw aside the clothes...thats great thae Elijah had a better response this year;)

That stinks about your fudge. Always again next year! I feel like I'm not great at making sugar cookies...it just seems to take forever, but I must admit they sure taste good!

That is unreal that you couldn't buy Sparkling JUICE before noon! I didn't even know MI had those laws... We always get that stuff for special occasions...yum!

How nice to just throw everything together and let it go, dinner wise. I didn't go all out this year and it was nice to just take it easy! Traditions are fun to do!

That stinks that Jonah isn't feeling well. I thought we'd have sick kids on our hands- Sunday after church we went out to lunch and Gabe would not eat, came down with a fever and was real tired that day. But the next day he was fine. It was real strange...at least it wasn't on Christmas! Hope Jonah feels better soon!

Glad you all liked your gifts! That's so sweet of Miah to get you that! Shoot...I forgot to mention my cool gift on my post...

10:20 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

About the sparkling juice--that's very strange. In NM they do not keep it with the liquor so you can buy it on Sunday morning. The store clerk may have been mistaken!

About the dress form: You look great in your now pregnancy state. I always loved being pregnant--pregnant women are always glowing. Congratulations on your growing family!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Jeska said...

looks like a great Christmas, hope Jonah feels better soon. Where did you get your dressform from. I got a sewing machine and table this year in hopes to start making my own tops (none I buy ever fit me right).

12:57 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Jess,
You can get them at Jo-Ann.com, but they are currently out of stock. Jeremiah ordered it online, but i'm not sure what the site was. If you order one, order buy measurement and not size because sewing sizes are way bigger than off the hanger sizes.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Sounds like you had a good holiday overall. I saw that castle too and thought it was really cool. Glad the boys liked it. I'm so happy to see you got your dressform. I totally remember you commenting that you wanted one. Sorry to hear about the fudge. I will email you a REALLY easy recipe that we made this year. I've never made fudge before and it was oh too simple. It turned out yummy!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

Sounds like you had a great day! :)

It's nice to hear that Miah's mom was able to make it to see you guys!

Hope Jonah feels better soon!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Looks like everyone had a great Christmas! I'd love to get Gracie that castle. Fisher Price Little People are awesome :)

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO not fair to get your dressform and be growing right out of it at the same time! I guess it will be good incentive to lose that baby weight. ;-)

Fudge is freakin hard to make! My mother had the touch. I, clearly, do not. It isn't like I can't cook, either. Maybe I'm just too impatient, lol.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

sounds like you had a nice Christmas! Sorry about the sparkling juice - funny! Once, on Christmas Eve, I got stuck in Detroit (northwest flight) and had Christmas Eve dinner with 9 strangers. Of course, the only thing we all wanted was a drink... it was a stressful day! lo and behold, we discovered that after 8 or 9 pm on Christmas Eve, you cannot buy alcohol in Michigan until the 26th. !!! One guy even tried to bribe the waitress. You will be pleased to know Michigander waitresses are law-abiding and she could not be bought off. (I did make it on the first flight out, in first class no less, back home to New Orleans.)

As for fudge, I generall do the easy version - the recipe on the back of the marshmallow creme jar. I like the way it turns out... you could try that one.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home