Monday, November 20, 2006

Kiitos

My youngest sister made this for me 11 years ago in her Finnish class. Kiitos means "thanks" in Finnish. It's one of my treasures.*

I cannot believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday! There were several Christmas gifts I was supposed to have finished by now. Most are not even started. Now i'm going to have to really get motivated or switch plans.

We will be having Thanksgiving dinner with just us. We did this last year and it was actually really nice. Of course this means that I have to prepare everything. Oh well, everything we like to eat is pretty simple to make. It would be nice to be with more family, but Jeremiah has one of those jobs that doesn't exactly stop for the Holidays. In fact, it tends to get busier! I plan to get some shopping done early Friday! I know it's crazy-busy but I love it.

Right now, my goal is to remember whatever ingredient I forgot (never fails) before Thursday morning.

*In case you can't tell, it says "My sister Amy in college. She'll be home to see me at Thanksgiving" My name is spelled wrong, but she was only in kindergarten. Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger BekahJoy said...

Wow. I can't believe you still have that. haha. I seem to remember coloring it... :) Hope you guys have a happy thanksgiving.

9:23 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

Did you have that in your room at school? I think I remember that. And seriously.....11 years ago! I feel really ill at the thought it was 11 years ago we were in college! Thanks for making me feel old Amie:-)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

very cute!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Denise,
I did have that on my wall at school. hehe, sorry for making you feel old.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How precious!!! I think it is great you saved such the coloring and great that bekah did it for you!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Me said...

That's so neat that you still have that! So cute!!

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! Too bad you can't come to Mom's with all of us :) Now THAT would be chaos! LOL.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Thats awesome that you still have that! I remember I barely knew you back then but how much you loved Bekah! Happy Thanksgiving!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so cute!! I'm thankful to have made a few friends from afar this year, while blogging - and you are definitely one of them!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home