Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's May!

May is the prettiest name for a month. I've always been glad I was born in May, its such a dainty, spring-y, girly month to be born in. Its just a nice month to say... "May". I love having an emerald birthstone, it goes perfect with my hair. May weather is perfect. Its warm and beautiful outside, but not yet hot. Lilacs usually bloom in May (although ours bloomed last year in June). Our lilac bushes are already green, i'm hoping they might show up before we move. We celebrate Mother's Day in May, I couldn't think of a better month to celebrate motherhood.

Thats my Ode to May.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amie, I agree with you. May is, indeed, the prettiest month of the year. It's just over so darn fast, it seems.

And by the way - happy birthday! :o)

11:46 AM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

I like May too, I look forward to Lilacs blooming. I was excited because I thought the lilacs sprouts I took from my mom were going to bloom....but nope I checked yesterday and there wasn't any actual blooms on the bushes, they are still to young:-( I guess I will never find out what colors I got. Although my neighbor didn't cut his at the wrong time last year and he will have blooms that I can steal.
Well enjoy your birthday month, I can see why it would be great. You would have still got to celebrate your bithday in school, but get to look forward to getting out of school soon!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

I, of course, agree! I always loved having emeralds as a birthstone - my sisters are both July, so they have rubies. I always liked being green.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Me said...

We already have lilacs :) I think May is a cute baby girl name too!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

3 out of my 4 boys have bdays in May! Around here, it's an expensive month! It's so beautiful outside though....

8:29 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Same here, it is an expensive month!! I like having the emerald too!! I think in our family there are 5 b-days and 1 anniversary. crazy!!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home