Friday, April 28, 2006

Walking

The other night I figured that I have walked somewhere around 2,500 laps around our block in the past four years. I don't walk outside in really hot weather, or during the winter. Thats six months a year, 5 days a week, 5 laps a day, which is roughly 3 miles. I usually bring the boys around the block once a day too, so its probably more. Thats what i'm going to miss the most about this neighborhood, my walking loop. Our new neighborhood has a loop, but its not as big. It will be good for going around with the boys, but not for my walks. I would have to go around too many times. So, I can either use my treadmill all year (ick), or pick a point to walk to and back (I can already hear my paranoid husband freak out). I also have walk aerobics DVDs. Oh well, this will be the fifth place we have lived at since we got married and I have found a way to walk at each one. I will here too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had four walking routes (all different lengths) when I lived at my parents' house. I'm just now finding the best walking routes from my apartment -- it's been fun to explore the area more.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Yes you will find another route...maybe even like it better than the one you walk now :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

maybe you'll find more than one new route! that's part of the fun of moving - figuring out all the fun new places to explore. (and I agree, treadmill is not as nice)

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home