Friday, April 07, 2006

Company

My family stopped by yesterday and stayed the night on their way to Myrtle Beach. It was a very nice time. The girls (and Jonah) all got away for a little bit of shopping while the guys stayed and watched an exciting game of ....golf.

As always, I enjoyed the time with my 4 year old niece. She is so cute and sweet and girly. I decided to make her a dress. She watched intently as I pinned the pattern to the material , wanting to know what every piece "was going to turn into." Unfortunately, I got started late so she had to go to bed. "Just think" I told her "when you wake up you will have a new dress." She pointed to some writing on the pattern and asked "Why? Does this say it will be ready by morning?"

My brother's gilfriend wants to learn to sew and watched the entire process. I offered a few times, but couldn't get her behind the machine. It was nice to have the company, and it was interesting hearing about how her mom used to make their traditional clothes (she is from Laos) Note: that is just a pic I found on the internet, it looks like what she was describing.

Now they are gone and we are back to our 5:1 male to female ratio. It was nice while it lasted.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice of eveyone to stop by on their way to a sunny vacation spot. hehe. You should have surprised them by saying you and the boys we going to join them. Surely, by going to the ocean you could get a ton of science information for school.

Who all was giong to M.B.? They could have stopped by my house too. They probably passed right by it depending on which interstate they took.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Kim
I'm not sure what route they took. I think they said something about getting to Virginia today. My parents, Bekah, Riley, Rock and Bao are driving down. Tina and Harlie are flying down on Sunday, and Kylie and the boys are driving up from Florida. We could go if we wanted, but after our last few trips to the U.P, we decided that at this season in our lives we don't want to drive more than 4-6 hours! LOL

1:06 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

I'm with you on the no driving thing! I don't like to drive if it's going to be more than 3 hours.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my daughter left home, we had a 4:1 ratio here ... I got a female beagle to try to even things up a bit.

Hmm ... now that think of that ...

I can see the jokes that my "men" would have been telling each other about the two ... erm ... "women" ... in the house ... 0.o

1:37 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Moof,
If we ever get a pet it would be a female for sure. So I could have something to look at and say "do you believe these guys?"...even if its a fish or a bird.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got some girl time! It must have been so cool for Riley to wake up and have a new dress! And, the dress looks great!

8:28 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

Sounds like you had fun. If I include the dog and cat we have a 3:2 female to male ratio in our house. One day the dog cat and I were in one room and Daniel and Chad were in another I told him they couldn't come in we were having a girls only meeting:-) To bad you can't get a girl cat (I don't remember if Miah is allergic to dogs as well) you could at least have meetings;-)

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We include our pets in the ratio, too - which gives us 4:4 (or I guess that would be 1:1... please nobody tell my mathematician husband. He would be so embarrassed, lol.)

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home