Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Yes, I Remembered...

That today is our anniversary, unlike last year. Eight short years. Eight years ago we were both college students living off two work study jobs. We couldn't afford to do much, so riding our bikes to the library was our entertainment. I loved those bike rides. We were active in His House Christian Fellowship, something I still miss today. We sure didn't feel as poor as we were. We absolutely love being parents, but those first couple years without kids are so special to me and I'm so glad we had them.

Recently I heard on the radio that the more similar you are to your spouse the less work marriage will be. I have to agree, Jeremiah and I are very similar on the major issues so there just hasn't been conflict. Its a joy and an honor to be married to him, he is a man who values his family with his actions and not lipservice. How can you not be head over heels for a man who tells your boys to "tell mommy you love her" or "tell mommy she is beautiful" on a regular basis? Or encourages you to go out with your friends, or shopping? Or comes home from work at 7:00 a.m. and asks if I want him to stay up with the boys for awhile so I can get more sleep.

So, on behalf of the anniversary I forgot last year, Happy Anniversary x2!

And in other news...

We brought the boys to see Madagascar today. The boys seemed to like it. I didn't find it particularily enjoyable, but than again, I didn't expect to.

6 Comments:

Blogger Choppzs said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Not much longer now till #4 pops out. I am still on this end doing the morning sickness thing, so I don't get on the computer much at all except to post a couple comments and read a couple blogs. Looks like you all had fun at the beach. I wish we could go swimming in a lake or something without waves, it looked very nice. Talk to you soon!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary Amie and Jeremiah! Wow ultrasound #3 lucky you. Another 4D maybe? Awesome!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Seems like yesterday that I was taking pictures at your wedding and reception!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Wow, has it been that long already?? Happy Anniversary!! You sure have a winner don't ya?

I have to agree, you do make pregnancy look easy :) Although I can't complain, mine was a breeze....let's see about the next ones eh? :) Take care of yourself!!!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Happy Anniversary. I have been married 6 yrs but i met my hubby 8 yrs ago today!:-)

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home