Thursday, June 09, 2005

Books, Boys, Beach, Baby Names

I just realized I haven't blogged since Sunday. Why is it that when other people go 2 days without updating their blog it seems an eternity, yet with my own blog 4 days can pass quicker than lightning between updates?

Really, I haven't updated because there hasn't really been anything to update about. I have been spending my days reading junk fiction (John Grisham, Oprah's Book Club ect...) and responding to the never ending requests of three young boys who remind me of the Very Hungry Caterpillar. Eating, eating, eating, all the day long. While we are on that topic, why does Elijah insist on asking for string cheese when he NEVER eats it? He holds onto it for 20 minutes, than hands its back to you all warm and sticky. Yet, he doesn't understand why we don't let him have anymore.

Its been very hot and very humid. We finally got a room air conditioner which makes it tolerable but is nothing like the central air we used to have in our apartment. Jeremiah has brought the boys to the beach a few times. As soon as I can find the top to my maternity swim suit, I think I will join them one of these days. I remember how nice it felt to swim (okay, float) when I was pregnant with Samuel.

The boys carpet is ordered and should be installed in a couple weeks. Their room is the main project I want done before the baby is born. Once their room is finished I will relax.

And I know everybody is still wondering about what this poor nameless baby is going to be called. We have a list, it is narrowing. However, since everybody already knows the sex of the baby, and since something has to be a surprise, you all just have to wait seven weeks! Aren't we annoying ;) But, seriously we don't even have a name yet.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! I know exactly what you mean about The Hungry Caterpillar comparison. I feel the same! and Kieran has done the same thing with string cheese. Wierd..
Not telling the name!? You're so mean... Will he also have a "P" middle name? We're not planning on finding out what we're having this time, that should be interesting...

2:37 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I'm sure whatever name you chose, it'll be great! I love all the names you've picked thus far. I know you won't disappoint us this time either :)

7:43 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

It's been hard enough for Chris and I to decide on names for this one and we don't even know the sex. I can't imagine having 4 BOYS and agreeing on names. What a job you have!! Olivia is on summer break, so I am sure I will be whining on here sooner or later about her! lol And Zachary is still not back to his old self. Does't seem to want to eat. I figure it's a growth spurt, or just maybe his teeth are still bothering him. Who knows. I figure too, he'll eat when he's hungry. Good luck with the names, and here's to hoping they don't literally eat you out of house and home!! lol

10:54 AM  
Blogger blessedmama said...

hi! i just wanted to say i'm SURE the name will be great! :D you have wonderful taste. my first son is jeremiah, and my second (due in august) is josiah.
God bless!!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm from Australia and found your blog through the dotmom site. I'm new to the blog world and have enjoyed reading your posts and the comments and checking out your handsome boys. I love boys, after growing up in a family of girls - girls everywhere!!! I have a four year old boy Elijah and my second (believed to be a boy) baby is due in Sept. Isn't the name issue something else! Like you, I'm partial to Biblical names, in fact it is all I will consider!!! My husband's and my name is Biblical, and I reckon that family names should go together. My husband doesn't agree!!! He would be happy if our next son was called Brent or Tyson or something along that vein; but to me they just don't work!!! I love Reuben and Josiah, and Elijah has named the baby Samuel, and is very definite about it!!! I'm looking forward to gazing at my newborns precious face and seeing who he will be. All the best to you and your family, especially with the arrival of your new baby, and I shall be taking a peak at your blog again to check out your choice of name. You have very good taste, by the way! Naomi

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home