Monday, June 13, 2005

Hung Out To Dry

The quickest way to put a kink in the smooth running of any household is to break a major appliance. In this case, the dryer. For the past week or so poor Jeremiah has been subject to lectures about "overstuffing the dryer, the clothes aren't drying right!" I didn't stop to think that it was the dryer and not my husband (whose dryer habits haven't changed in the three years we have been here). Finally, on Saturday the dryer quit drying at all. It's not a new dryer, we got a year or so longer out of it than I expected. You just don't realize how much we take these appliances for granted until they are not there! We do have clothes lines that we use in the summer, in fact two loads of clothes have been rained on since our dryer broke.

So, it was off to Sears for a new washer and dryer. The washer does still work, but it is just as old as the dryer and I have been wanting one that does huge loads (remember, soon to be four kids) so we decided to get a new washer too.

Of course, I immediately go to the matching, nice looking washer/dryer set while Jeremiah goes to the cheapest. After much shopping, we got what we wanted (even though they don't match, not even the same color!) and I think we are both happy. The only problem is they won't be delivered until Friday!! It wouldn't be so bad, but its supposed to rain until Wed.

One a side note, I can pretty much guarantee that next time I ask Miah "should we put Elijah and Samuel in the double stroller so they are not running around like wild monkeys while we try to shop and talk to the salesperson?" he will not say "no, I think they can walk".

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bummer! I'm glad you were able to get new ones though!
You call your Jeremiah "Miah"? Wierd... So do we. Since high school.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with optimistic husbands? My wonderful spouse was always thinking the small ones could walk and stay right with us like well trained hounds. Then he would forget that since it was his idea to set them free - he was supposed to keep track of the little wanderers! Ah well... live and learn! :-)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Me said...

That sucks the dryer broke. Ours did too a few years ago. So we have the mismatch set right now, but the washer's still ok...for now :) Hope the weather cooperates for you til Friday!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

It always sucks when you have tons of laundry to do, and nothing to do it in. Luckily you guys found what you liked and needed and alls well. Yeah it's always funny on this end too when I ask Chris if he wants to bring the stroller for Zachary and he says "no, I'll carry him" and I say "ok then." and a few minutes later he's handing him to me complaining that he's getting to heavy! lol

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home