Sunday, May 15, 2005

Recap of the past eight years...

Today is my 28th birthday. Sounds old, but I'm assuming I don't look it since I still get "you don't even look old enough to have kids" comments all the time. Yesterday I was thinking about all the things that have been squeezed into my life since I turned 20. Here's a recap:

* May 15th, 1997. I can still remember eating birthday cake at the Athletic Office where I worked during college. The subject of conversation was my upcoming wedding.

*June 21st, 1997. Married Jeremiah, my high school sweetheart. Sounds young, but we heard the word "finally" alot from the people who knew us five years as a couple.

*May 1998. Finished my two associate degrees from Lake Superior State University.

*June-Aug 1998. Admin assistant at the UP Diabetes Outreach Center in the Soo. I loved this job, unfortunately they closed that office only a few months after I started.

*Aug 1998-Dec 10th 1999. Worked for Tech Team doing tech support for Gateway computers. The job was pretty stressful, but I loved the people I worked with. All in all I enjoyed working there. Notice I worked until 2 days before Isaac was born, having a job during your first pregnancy is nice.

*Dec 12, 1999. Baby boy #1, Isaac Payton arrives!

*Aug 2000. Move to TC.

*Jan 2002. Baby boy #2, Elijah Peter arrives!

*June 2002. Move into our first house.

*Aug 2003. Baby boy #3, Samuel Philip arrives!

Which brings us to May 2005, just a few months from baby boy #4. Its been a busy decade!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMIE! You sure have accomplished alot! Jill Corwin

3:46 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Happy Birthday Amie! It's so neat to look back and see all the great things that have happened in your life! Hope you all have many more great years!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Happy Birthday! That was cool how you recapped the past 8 years. May you have many more!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Kether said...

Happy Birthday!
Sounds like some great years!
I particularly liked seeing the spacing between your boys since we're already talking about #2.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! The similarities are creepy at times, you know that? not only are we both married to men named Jeremiah, but we were with them in high school. We both now have three boys (who's middle initials are all the same - yours p's and ours j's).. this is wierd... also as I was reading your blog, J looked over and says, "She looks kind of like you.." (we're both red heads) But hey, you got two years on me age wise. ;)

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home