Monday, April 25, 2005

3 Months

3 months from today is my due date! I can hardly believe it. There has been so many new babys in church lately, it makes me so excited to have ours. Sammy was very interested in a newborn yesterday at church, I hope thats a good sign.

I have the orders to get my gestational diabetes screening, I need to get that done sometime in the next week. Its not fun, you have to drink nasty syrupy stuff than wait around for an hour before they draw blood. When I was pregnant with Elijah, Isaac threw up in the waiting room while we were waiting.

A little update on Sammy. He is doing much much better. He has gained the weight back he lost and is running around like usual. He hasn't thrown up in two weeks, and his poops are pretty much normal. The dr. said they will hold off further testing if he continues to do well. All the stool samples were negative (normal).

Also, on a previous post about Osh Kosh I mentioned that you can use their coupons online. I was wrong about that, you can only use them in their stores.

4 Comments:

Blogger bekah said...

Just found your blog... and read the glucose stuff. I have a four month baby girl. While pregnant my doctor let me have a glucose blood screening (not sure of the proper name) instead of the actual glucose test. He said if the number came back good, we could skip the test. It did come back good, so I didn't have to drink the syrup. If you wanna mess with it, your dr might let you do the same thing. The blood screening involved getting my finger pricked and they were able to read the result immediately.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Hi Bekah!
That is actually what they did for my first pregnancy, just poked my finger and checked the blood in a glucose meter.

However, my mother does have type 2 diabetes so that puts me at a higher risk for gd.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Jacqueline,
I believe you mistook me for commenter below me on that post. My comment simply was "great post!".

12:01 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

For anybody interested in the post in question: http://selkie.typepad.com/selkie/2005/04/the_boob_nazis.html#comments

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home