Friday, April 29, 2005

House News and More...

We are in the process of refinance our mortgage. We are dropping 1.375 interest points and will be saving $100 a month. Also, we will be doing a bi-weekly payment plan where you pay half your payment every other week. This results in an extra payment every year, making it a 24 year mortgage instead of a 30. This decision was in conjunction with one that we will be adding on to our house next year instead of selling.

I had my diabetes screening yesterday. If my sugar was too high, I have to go back and do a three hour test (ick). I took advantage of the hour wait to go into the health library and read up on food allergies. I read scary stories about people actually dying from inhaling the steam of shellfish.

Mr. yet-to-be-named son #4 has lodged himself into a very uncomfortable position under my rib (for me, he is probably nice and comfy.) that's where his head was during my ultrasound 8 weeks ago and I was hoping by now he would be in the preferred head down position.

When we picked Isaac up from Children's Church last Sunday, he was playing Candyland with his teacher. He said he enjoyed it so we bought the game. Of course that means we have already played countless number of Candyland games. The other night, when they were asking for yet another game, I stacked the deck so Isaac would win right away. Certainly I'm not the only parent to do that? :D

We ate 10 pounds of strawberries last week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Wow....10 LBS.??? Holy cow!! I hear you on the mortgage thing. We've been thinking about it, but we haven't owned it long enough to make it worth our while. Maybe in a few more years if interest rates are still good.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Are they charging you to do the bi-weekly plan? If so, cancel it. You can do this on your own, there is no reason to be charged to do this. Some places charge $300 to "set up your account" to be done this way and all you have to do is just send them the extra check.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home