Saturday, April 23, 2005

The Tale of Two Haircuts in One Day

First of all, let me say i'm a bit embarrased to write this. I never ever thought I would do something like this but sometimes you don't know how you will react in a situation until it happens. It started innocently enough yesterday morning when I decided to get my hair cut. The first inkling of trouble happened when my usual hairdresser wasn't there. I decided to take a risk and went with somebody new. I showed her where I wanted the layers to start and how much to cut (start layers under my chin and make it about shoulder length). It looked awful. I felt like a mushroom, all round around my face with one ugly long bottom layer (think Carol Brady). It made my round face look 100X rounder, add that to be 6 months pregnant. I went home, nearly in tears and desperately tried to find a way to wear my hair that didn't look hideous. As I left to pick up Tanya to go to the mall I told Jeremiah "i'm going somewhere to get it fixed" only halway serious. After moping around the mall a few hours I decided I was really going to get it fixed. I got in right away at Regis and poured out my story to a new stylist. When I took my barrettes and pony tail out and saw again how ugly my hair was, I was so glad I decided to get it fixed. She understood exactly what my problem was, and managed to turn it into a flippy style haircut. Its pretty high maintence, not something I would usually go with but I will deal with it for a few months until my hair grows out. After the baby is born I can get my usual body wave. So, I hope you all don't think me shallow and vain for paying for two haircuts in one day. I just couldn't deal with my last trimester of pregnancy and an awful ugly haircut too. Thats my story.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you are shallow at all! I'm sure we can all relate to this. I am just glad you found someone else who could do something with your hair that you are happier with.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Wow, that really sucks that your 1st haircut turned out so terrible! I understand completely though, I have had bad haircuts too, and had to get them fixed. I am glad you went and had it re-done and now you are happier with it. Yeah, it may only be hair, but it's hair that YOU have to live with and look at, so why not do it your way! It looks very cute too!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Me said...

You're not shallow at all. Being pregnant, you feel fat and icky anyway, so to have a bad haircut to boot....well, I'd of done the same thing. Wanting a good haircut isn't vein; I'd like to call it more of a feel-good kind of thing. I'm sure it looks adorable.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you are shallow -- I think you did the same thing most of us would have done. I have a "do over" story too. I have been saying I need to paint the kitchen for months, and finally decided the time had come. I bought some paint that should have been peach, just a little bit darker than the "nearly peach" I painted the downstairs bathroom last year. On my kitchen walls it looks very pink! So I'm half done with the job, and tomorrow morning I plan on starting over -- covering the pink as quickly as possible and painting a color called paper lantern, which is our living room and dining room color, and the color I orginally planned to paint the kitchen. It may sound wasteful to some people to buy more custom mixed paint after buying two gallons of custom mixed paint, and being left with one unopened. But we all have things we just can't live with, and a pink kitchen is one of mine. I apologize to anyone who has a pink kitchen and likes it -- it just isn't me!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "anonymous" comment was from me -- I am not good at this, obviously!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Amie- You're so cute. Nobody thinks your vain at all. At least you hair was still long enough to get it fixed with another hair cut. I had a bad hair cut once and actually broke down crying while sitting in the chair. The lady felt bad and didn't charge me, but it was so short that I couldn't even get another cut to fix it. The only thing that sucks is that you had to pay twice to get your hair the way you like it. I guess the lesson is find a great stylist and stick with them.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home