Friday, November 05, 2004

Bear With Me...Its Political

Even though I am very politically minded, my intention was to post few political entrys in my blog as it is about family. So after this I will return to my regularly scheduled blog...

Over the course of the last few days I have read nothing but bitter anti-Bush diatribes. Now, I could just hang out with like-minded people as myself and read nothing but Bush praises, but that would just be too boring. Anyway, I would just like to address a few issues that are disturbing to me.

1.) Calling Bush a dictator and comparing him to the likes of Hitler is a slap in the face to people who have truly lived under dictators. We just witnessed democracy in action, 60% of eligible voters let their voices be heard. That doesn't happen in countries under dictatorship. Calling sombody a dictator because you happen to disagree with his social agenda is so overdramatic and histrionic that the message is immediately diminished and discounted as sensationalism.

2.) Roe v. Wade. In the very miniscule chance that it perhaps might be overturned (read not gonna happen), it would NOT make abortion illegal. It would simply give the power back to the states as it was before. If a state chooses to make it illegal, bring it up with the state gov't.

3.) Not only are people insulting Bush, but many have resorted to insulting people who voted for him. Bush supporters are not stupid, uninformed yokels. Now granted there are uninformed voters - on both sides. Different things matter to different people, and they vote accordingly. Where is all that tolerance for those who think different than you? You know, that tolerance that is constantly being preached to the right? Believe me, I understand the disappointment, I suffered thru eight years of Clinton. I never resorted to insulting people because they voted for him.

There I feel much better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Amen sister! It's always okay if the person that they voted for wins, but when roles are reversed, that's when all hell breaks loose. You know, the news just mentioned this very subject the other night....sore losers and poor "sportsmanship". I feel the same as you, I suffered through 8 yrs. of Clinton but kept my complaining to a minimum because 1) I didn't take advantage of my 1st yr. of voting (by not getting registered in time) and 2) where would it have gotten me? People need to just let it go and be as supportive as they can because they're "stuck" with Bush for another 4 yrs. Deal with it! There, now I'm done :)

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post.

I know that most liberals and most Kerry-supporters are normal people who have strong feelings and ideas about things that are simply different from how I understand the world to work.

But then, there are the moonbats. It makes you wonder.


TulipGirl

9:26 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You go girl!! :D

6:30 PM  
Blogger Kether said...

reading bits and pieces of your blog now that I've discovered it.
I loved this post. Where is the tolerance for Republicans and Christians? I find it ironic that people who preach such acceptance of diversity and tolerance are the very people who don't have any for people who don't think exactly as they do. I have found that people say things about my faith (and about the fact that I believe in it) that they'd NEVER say about Judiasm or Islam. The same is true about what they say about my politics.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home