Sunday, October 24, 2004

My Weekend...

On Friday we went to an open house for Cherry Capital Airport's brand new terminal (which will be open on the 27th). They had a little picnic just for the residents who live near the airport. It was fun, how many times do you have an opportunity to have free roam in an airport? The boys were able to run thru the metal detectors as many times as they wanted, for some reason Sammy made them buzz but Isaac and Elijah didn't.

On Saturday, Melissa, Tanya, and I each checked out a copy of Jane Eyre from the library. Jeremiah says "kind of like Oprah's Book Club, only without Oprah". I think its going to be fun to read this book together, I started this afternoon and I'm pretty sure I will like it. Its about an orphan, for some reason I like books about orphans (I have nearly every book by L.M. Montgomery, who stories are almost always about orphans).

Today, Jeremiah and I had nursery at church. Jeremiah worked in 2's with Elijah (he also brought Samuel with him) and I worked in infants. Lets just say it was a spit-upity day.

Overall, it was a nice weekend.



3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

You're already ahead of me in Jane Eyre, I've only read the first page then I was interrupted by family needs. I am going to start fresh tomorrow and try and get somewhere this time. Hopefully Andrea will start reading this book as well, then we really will be the Oprah book club. :D

7:24 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm sure I'm not the Andrea referred to by Melissa :-) However, I love Jane Eyre and should read it again one of these days. I, too, love stories about orphans - tugs at my heart.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I am also an L.M. Montgomery fan. I can't even find one of her short stories, never mind a book, that I haven't read. Our province, New Brunswick, is right next to Prince Edward Island.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home