Sunday, October 10, 2004

A Most Pleasant Surprise

Today in church I was dropping off Elijah in 2's when I noticed an envelope on the counter with my name on it. I picked it up assuming it was a party invitation. Much to my surprise when I opened it, there was money in it! "What is this for?" I wondered. I knew nobody owed me any money, I knew there wasn't any occasion we celebrated recently that called for money. Than I read the card. It said:

I want you to know I love your heart and your attitude. You are such a great mom. Your little boys are so blessed with such a loving and patient mommy. You have that "meek & quiet spirit" that all of us fellow moms wish we had. I have no doubt you will raise those boys up to be great men of God to the best of your ability. The money is just a little gift to do something fun with. Spend it any way you like.
Love, your sister in Christ

I checked the evelope again, yes it was my name on it. What an amazing encouragment! I really don't know who gave me this card, but this is something every mom longs to hear and something I will never forget. I have been walking on air all day. So, I would just like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to whoever uplifted me today :D



2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

AWESOME! You are a great mother. Keep it up:)
I really enjoy talking and hanging out with you. I especially love reading your blogs. :D

9:18 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Encouragement is such a gift! It's just awesome knowing someone believes in us - reminds us how much we need each other! Blessings to you!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home