Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Random Ramblings...

First, I am not asking for a maid or a nanny. However, if there is such a person who comes over every day just to put socks and shoes on children, I'll take it. :D

Second, There is no better place to observe the differences between Isaac and Elijah than our daily walk. I bring the boys for a walk around the block every morning. I pull the wagon and Samuel rides while Isaac and Elijah take turns walking/riding. While Isaac prefers riding, Elijah considers it a chore. When its Elijah's turn to walk I practically have to jog to keep up with him because the kid only knows how to run. I have to hold Isaac's hand and practically pull him along if we want to get home anytime this week. One day Isaac asked me why we go for a walk and I told him "its very good exercise", he replies "but i'm not fat".

Third, I'm reading a very good book called Dumbing Us Down, The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling by John Taylor Gatto. The author is an award winning school teacher from New York. After teaching school for 30 years, he sums it up very nice when he states "we need to realize that the school institution 'schools' very well, though it does not 'educate' "... This book is not about blaming teachers, or any person, its about the flaws of the institution. I highly recommend this book, its food for thought if nothing else.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Hi there!

I'll take a cook! (and a maid once a week!)

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home