Sunday, September 19, 2004

Women of Hope

Women of Hope is a Women's ministry at our church that meets one Saturday every other month. Its something I always drag my feet getting to, but once I get there I am so glad I went. As soon as I walked in the door a friend came up to me and said "oh you definately need to be here!" I soon found why, turns out the subject was a book called Wild At Heart by John Eldredge. This book is about understanding men, and it touches on what moms can do to help their boys develop into men, instead of delaying or distrupting the process which we moms sometimes do. I came away feeling good about what I learned, and I'm checking my library's online catalog for that book as soon as I'm finished writing this.

I was also invited to join a MOPS (Mothers Of PreSchoolers) that actually has room in the childcare my boys! All the other MOPS groups I looked into didn't have room for anymore kids, so in order to go I would of had to find my own babysitter twice a month. I hear great things about this program, and the kids have their own little program that they do. I'm not quite sure if I will be joining as it will be another committment (twice a month) and its a 15 minute drive. I have to make up my mind soon though, before this group fills up!

2 Comments:

Blogger CarolynM said...

I just finished reading Wild at Heart -- great book! Helps me understand just what it is they get from watching those shoot-em-up jump-in-a-car-and-go-fast action flicks!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I just attended our local MOPS - we have an awesome group of young moms and it's a real encouragement to attend. Both boys seemed to enjoy their program too. Yay!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home