Monday, April 27, 2009

Staycation Complete

Well, today was back to our normal routine. Last week was very nice, very long and very...strange. It felt so weird to have Jeremiah home all week AND not do school (we took our Spring break last week). I felt like I had SO much extra time, yet I feel like I didn't get much accomplished. I did get out of the house a lot, and I did a lot of reading but none of the sewing I was hoping to do.

The boys got to fly their kites several time, and go to Chuck E. Cheese. Which is where I think they picked up the lovely stomach flu we've been experiencing here since Saturday night. We had such an exceptionally healthy winter in our home, I thought maybe we somehow managed to avoid the bug this year but no such luck.

Today, I AM going to get some sewing done.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

OH yuck no fun on the flu...at least it was at the end of staycation!!! How great to just do nothing. That's how my weekend was. I think that's why today is so difficult...back to the 'normal' grind and it is hard!

3:14 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

Agree with Jamie at least it was at the end of the stayccation. We are planning our own staycation the week after memorial day. So many projects to get done, plus....we still kind of need to like ummm...finish unpacking.
Good luck getting back to the normal grind.....not to much longer and you will be on summer break:-)
Don't know if we will make it up your way this summer. Chad and I keep talking about how we seem to go to the U.P. every other year, and this would be the year....again so many projects...but maybe sometime in the summer we can meet somewhere in the middle of the Mitten:-)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

oh no! sorry to hear about the illness!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger I Am Boymom said...

I swear Chuck E Cheese is Ground Zero for all things flu. Every time we go there one of my kids gets sick. Which is why we only go once a year. So sorry to hear about the icky flu, but glad you got to take a break from the routine!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Matt Wixon said...

Sorry your kids got the flu, but at least they had fun while they were getting it!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home