Sunday, April 19, 2009

I Couldn't Make Something Like This Up...

Early this morning we left for our vacation. Nothing big, just a quick trip to see my sisters and do a little hiking in the Appalachians. So we pack up the van (not a small task with a family of seven) and we're driving merrily along for about three hours when a turkey -yes a turkey-flew into our windshield! Of course it's Sunday morning and no auto glass places are open, and the one that is wouldn't be able to fix it until tomorrow. Not to mention most of our vacation money will now go to replace the windshield. So we just came back home and I guess we'll have a "staycation".

Photobucket

Photobucket

12 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can't beleive it. Are the kids bummed? I'm sorry it messed up your plans.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

That totally stinks! The wild turkeys have been running amok here lately. Luckily, I've not hit one...yet.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

No, you absolutely couldn't make this up! I am so sorry that your trip was spoiled! I hope you do some different and fun things around home.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Wow - that is a bummer. Good story, bad vacation. I'm sure you'll be able to think of something else to do... even if it is at home. Good luck and keep us posted.

BTW: I'm reading Hunger Games right now and I'm totally into it!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

So did you guys have a turkey dinner? lol

12:23 AM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

OMG.....I need to tell my mom about this. There are wild turkey's in her neighborhood. I just can imagine something like this happening to her. Sometimes Stay-cations are the best. Maybe you needed to be at home and God just sent a Turkey to let you know lol.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of all things! What a shame... but glad you're all safe... hope the staycation was all you needed it to be!!!

9:26 AM  
Blogger ~cjoy said...

Some auto insurance companies pay for windshield repair - it would be worth double checking!
I hope you had a relaxed time at home in spite of it all. :)

4:00 PM  
Blogger Jill Corwin said...

bummer!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Jeska said...

bummer indeed. Poor turkey.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That really rots. What a bummer. Hope you enjoy your 'off time'!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Better a turkey than a deer but not a good thing either way. At least your were all unhurt.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home