Sunday, December 14, 2008

Couldn't Resist

Sadie got a baby doll for her birthday. She likes it and plays with it a lot and I told myself that one doll was all she needed.

Until.

I saw the 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch Preemies at T@rget. I still remember how excited I was to get my own Cabbage Patch Preemie when I was little. My aunt sent three up, for me and two of my sisters. We were so excited before they were even opened because, even wrapped, the boxes had the distinct shape of a Cabbage Patch doll. Mine was named Lucille, and I called her lucy. She had the same outfit that Sadie's has on, only green. I played with her until I was too old for dolls.

How could I not get one for Sadie? Plus, they were on clearance.

Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

We had the same cabbage patch! I was walking through Target and did a double take. That's the exact one I had. Her name was Greer Doralyn.
I hope Sadie loves hers as much as we did!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I never had a Cabbage Patch doll, but I always wanted one when I got older (strange, I know). Instead, I got an American Girl doll around age seven or eight.

11:22 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

I had a boy who was bald, and his name was Jon. My brother used to make fun of him saying his name was misspelled (my dad's name was John). But I still loved him lol. I am sure Sadie is going to love her doll too!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

ohhh, of course you had to get her one! I actually had 4 when I was little - a preemie called Ana, two regular ones (though my dad bought them in Korea, so i think they were probably fake) called Emily & Rebecca, and one cornsilk called Celeste.

Emily, Rebecca, & Celeste are in my parents' attic, but Ana is still on my bed. :-)

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally remember when my Mom got you all the dolls! I'm glad Sadie gets to enjoy the Cabbage Patch too! :-)

I enjoyed reading everyone's comments about their Cabbage Patch Dolls. I had four of the dolls when all was said and done -- Marni Cherri, Peg Vanessa, Avery Jeff, and Sebastian (whose middle name I've forgotten). They are in a box in the closet at my apartment, but if I had an extra room, I'd get my old wooden buggy from my parents and fill it with dolls!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Of course you had to get her a Cabbage Patch Kid! I had 2 when I was little and I was sure to get both girls one too. They don't play with them much now, but I know they'll appreciate them one day :)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I had a preemie too his name was Hugo Jesse!:) I still have it..

8:41 AM  
Blogger Risa said...

Jozie has been begging for one - I think her wish just may come true! There is one with curly red hair @ W@lM@rt named Josie that she has her eye on...but if they are on clearance @ T@rget than I may go check there tomorrow or tonight...

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home