Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bullets

  • I guess the holidays are offically over for us. We just had our homeschool parents holiday party this past weekend. That was the final "holiday" event on our calendar.
  • I still can't post pictures. I bought a new card reader, but of course it wasn't for the type of card our camera uses.
  • Lost starts next week. If only I could remember what happened last season...
  • Is it just me, or does January always feel like the looongest month?
  • Sometimes, there are just too many choices.
  • Sadie keeps saying this word that sounds like "a-puh-ga". I have no idea what it is. It sounds like hamburger, but I'm pretty sure that's not what she is saying.
  • I am definitely not a movie buff, but here are four movies coming out this year from books I love: Confessions of a Shopaholic, The Time Traveler's Wife, HP and The Half-Blood Prince, and New Moon.
  • Anybody watch the movie Wuthering Heights? There are several versions of it on film. I want to see the 1992 version, because it's supposed to be closest to the book.
  • Today during school, Isaac,Elijah and I played Scrabble. I got the idea from other homeschooling moms. It's great for spelling and learning new words. There also a few math games I want to try and find.
  • Has anybody read Inkheart?
  • Hopefully, we will be taking a trip to North Carolina after my sister has her baby this winter.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Aren't bullets the best!?!? Game playing for school is so much fun & such a nice change from the normal day! We should do another game someday this week and make it a weekly ritual...it helps Gabe learn his letters too.

Wonder what Sadie could be saying? Don't you hate when you can't make out what they're saying!

Angie LOVED her blanket. She said she cried! And she has a crib sheet she bought from a craft sale that has the little ladybug pattern. How cool is that! Thanks again so much for making it!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Inkheart was good- the best page-turner of the trilogy. The concept was neat- going into books. There are three books, and they were all that way- a few hundred pages of hard reading, then the last half would fly.

7:35 PM  
Blogger nikko said...

Bullet points are the best way to blog.

I would also recommend Inkheart. Loved it!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Hi, Amie,

It seems like a long time since I heard from you. In past years, January has passed very slowly for me. I think it was mostly the dark mornings, dark evenings and bad weather. This year, though, January has seemed to fly by. I'm not sure why, but maybe it's my new role as MOB.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

how do you feel about Becky Bloomwood being American in the movie? (I for one don't like it! but of course I'll still see the film.)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Genevieve,
I could not believe that did that! It's definitely not the same. Huge mistake in my opinion.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home