Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight Recap.

Like I previously mentioned, last night two of my friends and I went to Olive Garden and then to see Twilight. It was such a fun evening. It is so rare for us to get together without any of the 14 children we have between us. So, even if it had been a complete dud of a movie, it would of been a great night.

The funniest thing was the mixture of teen girls and older women there to watch. Whenever there was a good part half the theater was squealing and giggling and the other half was "shhhh"ing.

I also thought it was pretty cool that there are some books that got these teens to read! I cannot recall any books that were popular like that when I was in school.

I can't say the movie was great, but it definitely was not a dud. It's almost impossible to fit a 600 page book in a two hour movie. All great books should be given the miniseries treatment like A&E's Pride and Prejudice or the CBC's Anne of Green Gables.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your night out! It's always a bit of a treat now and then to be kidless, but aren't the warm, sleepy home-coming snuggles so sweet on your return!!!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Jill Corwin said...

So glad you got a night out! It is always fun to get together with the girls :)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Totally agree with everything you said! We need another night out too!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Like Olive Plants said...

I went to see Twilight, too, but I didn't really get away from my kids. I took my hubby and two oldest and their friends. I agree with you, it's really great that the Twilight series has gotten girls reading.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I enjoyed the books, although I liked the author's adult novel Host better.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but the Chem Geek Princess says that it was enjoyable, even if it was not Academy Award caliber. She said that the movie kept her interested and involved. She did go with girlfriends, though, not with the VSMF.

3:38 PM  
Blogger I Am Boymom said...

I think I'm like the only person I know who isn't into the whole Twilight thing. Oh well.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

Glad you had a fun girls' night out! I am going to see the movie this weekend - I'm excited.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home