Sunday, July 27, 2008

And We're Back

We had so much fun this weekend. I feel like I could of handled another day or two of camping, but I guess it's better to leave feeling that way than staying too long and feeling like I never want to go again. The reunion was wonderful as always. Here is a super condensed version of the fun.

Here is Sadie with some cousins. It's too bad she won't go to anybody because these girls would of been happy to take care of her the whole weekend if she would of let them.
Photobucket

Every year they do a balloon release ceremony in remembrance of those family members we have lost. It's a really neat tradition.
Photobucket

Of course there was a nonstop campfire.
Photobucket

And you can't call it camping without s'mores.
Photobucket

On the way home we went to Mackinac Island. It's a really cool island that doesn't allow cars so all transportation is horses, bikes or feet. We haven't been there since we moved down here. Of course the ferry ride to and from the island was the highlight.
Photobucket

Now it's time to go wash the campfire smoke from our laundry!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Looks like SOOO much fun!!! We WILL make it one of these years!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Great pics! Looks like fun.

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your family get-together. Sounds like a load of fun. And I love the balloon tradition. What a wonderful way of remembering...

4:30 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

looks like a great time!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

I wish we could have gone!

Looks like everyone had fun, and from the way Beth talked, Sadie isn't the only one that wouldn't go to any strangers! lol (Maddie)To many faces to deal with! lol

12:26 PM  
Blogger I Am Boymom said...

I love the pics, the balloon tradition is a great idea!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Oh, I used to go to Mackinack Island when I was a kid and teen.
When I got my license, I'd get Bapoo and Grandma all to myself, because they'd have me drive them up there from northern Illinois.

The ferries look newer. The lake looks the same.

Gosh, it looks like you all had a wonderful time!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

Sounds like fun! :)

We went to Mackinac Island a few years ago and the kids loved it! I'd really like to go back again some day. :)

5:46 PM  
Blogger Me said...

We had a lot of fun too. It was a little hectic on Saturday, but fun, none-the-less. I'm glad we finally got to meet little Sadie! What a cutie pie she is!! Oh and you stole my babysitters from me :) They were all up on Sissy Pants the entire time too :D

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home