Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bumper Sticker Cont....

A couple of you have asked for my thoughts on the bumper sticker. Not that I wasn't going to share them anyway ;)

Jeremiah actually bought this bumper sticker and put it on our car. Obviously, he likes it. It is supposed to be a snarky/sarcastic message against McCain. I don't like it for the following reasons:

1. I think somebody could easily think the bumper sticker says we feel that McCain will fix those problems in our country.
2. Whoever "gets it" might think that we support Obama. We don't.
3. Maybe it would be funnier if the three issues were specific to McCain. Granted, he is more hawkish on war, but debt and amnesty? Compared to Obama, those would probably be his strong points.

5 Comments:

Blogger Choppzs said...

I'd kick his butt for putting that on the car...not because it's political or anything, but just because it is going to be harder then hell to get off and might ruin your paint job! lol

8:11 PM  
Blogger kelly jeanie said...

I forgot to comment yesterday on this! I asked my marketing husband about it and we had decided it must be for McCain, mostly because it was so vague and the fact that his name was on there is publicity for McCain. Boy, we were wrong.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I have to say, I was shocked that was on your car! I think it an awful sticker.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

I'll agree with you, I don't really care for it either! :)

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you need to remove the bumper sticker, do this: smear mayonnaise (the actual stuff, mind you) all over the bumper sticker. Come back in a little while. Sticker will slide right off. No, I have no idea why this works, some guy told me this about 20 years ago and I was sure he was totally pulling my leg. When I was alone I gave it a shot, and it worked. (Note: Your bumper will smell like a sandwich until it rains, lol.)

That said, I don't do bumper stickers. I don't want to inadvertantly cause road rage from strangers (who may or may not already be mad at me for the car I drive, the way I drive, the smart aleck look on my face that I swear just comes naturally and doesn't mean anything...).

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home