Saturday, February 16, 2008

Two Special Things About Today...

Sadie is nine months today! I can't really think of anything she can do this month that she couldn't do last month already. She is learning how to annoy Jonah by getting into his stuff when he is trying to play on the floor. What goes around comes around is all I can say.

I love this little jean skirt on her.
Photobucket

The other special thing about today is the package that was delivered. My pleater! For those who don't know, "smocking" is essentially embroidering on gathered fabric. You see it mostly on little girl's dresses, Christening gowns and other fancy baby clothes. This pleater will gather fabric so it is ready to be smocked. The book I ordered along with it seems to have some clear instructions and good illustrations. The video that came with it was very helpful too. The other thing is a magnetic rod for winding the fabric on and feeding it into the machine. It's also the perfect size and shape to be a magic wand (a la Harry Potter).

Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Awesome, can't wait to see some dresses! I LOVE that jean skirt on Sadie.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Yeah I can't wait to see what you make now!!!! Happy 9 mo birthday Sadie!

8:50 PM  
Blogger nikko said...

You have a pleater? So jealous. I've done a few smocked projects, and did the pleating by hand. What a pain. ;o)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

the photo of Sadie is great - she totally looks like she is boogie-ing down in a baby disco...

6:04 AM  
Blogger Star said...

Nice photo of Sadie!

Jean skirts look so cute on babies!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Can't wait to see what you make with you new gadget. Smocked dresses are so pretty! Do you make many clothes for your boys?

2:49 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Too adorable!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

P.S. If I paid you, would you ever consider making some smoked dresses for my sister? She needs some new church and "everyday" dresses. She loves to wear dresses, but she doesn't have very many. I used to wear smocked dresses when I was little.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Nikko,
I tried to hand smock first, but quickly decided to go the pleater route. Especially since it's something I want to do seriously.

Dawn,
I have made clothes for my boys. I don't think I've made anything recently but if you go back in my sewing blog archive you will find some things.

Kathryn,
Yes, once I have some time to perfect my smocking stitches, I will be happy to take orders :)

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home