Tuesday, February 05, 2008

We're Back...

and you probably didn't even realize we were gone! We made a quick trip up to the U.P (AKA land of the 10 foot snowbanks). My dad works for "The Block" and gets to do 5 tax preparations for $20 and we were one of the lucky 5. It was fun to to watch the Super Bowl with my family too. We stopped and saw Jeremiah's mom on the way home.

Most of our tax return will go in savings but we will spend a little, we're not that boring. I'm thinking about buying a pleater machine for smocking. I'm not sure though. I would really love to see one and try one out first but I don't know anybody with one.

It only took a week, but the new glass was finally installed in our window today. You know the old "Broken Window Parable"? We don't buy it.


Last but not least I wanted to share this picture of my little superhero.
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger kelly jeanie said...

Glad you made it home! Fortunately in our part of the UP the snowbanks are only about 6 feet high, lol.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Yes, I didn't even know you were away! Glass parable...never heard that one before. Your little superhero is so cute! :-)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I had a 2 1/2 year old super hero in my family room yesterday in that exact same pose!
I'm glad you were able to take a trip to see your folks, and got your taxes done at the same time.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

glad you had a good trip, and hooray for already having done your taxes! (I did mine myself last week but I haven't filed them yet)

Do you think a store would let you try the pleating machine out before you bought one?

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Taxes, taxes...we should get our refund this week I think! Not like we'll see any of it with bills to pay and such! How fun you went to the UP!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

I have been waiting for the update on the window. I still want to know why the strongest male in your house was throwing a snowball that hard in the first place. LOL Can you imagine how that would have felt hitting your head? Conk! LOL

2:07 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Welcome back! See you Friday.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Nice work, a trip and the taxes done in one fell swoop.

I'll bet you're glad to have light and not drafts from the newly fixed window, too!

And..well, what else can we say:

Yeah, Superman! Fight hard for Truth, Justice and the American Way!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home