Monday, October 22, 2007

Five Reasons I Love My Slow Cooker

When Fall comes around and the temps drop you start thinking about hot soups and meals. In other words, time to bring out the slow cooker! I came up with five reasons I love mine.

1. Its easy. I have made a lot of meals in my slow cooker, and while not all of them made the "let's make this again!" list, I can honestly say I haven't screwed up one. Slow cookers have a large margin of error and it's really hard to mess up a meal.

2. Your house smells great. All day long.

3. Clean up. The mess you make preparing the meal is long cleaned up by the time you eat. You can enjoy your meal without a messy kitchen.

4. Early Start. I am the most productive in the morning. It's a great feeling to have dinner started before it's even lunch.

And my personal favorite reason...

5. Multi-tasking. Can anybody tell me another way you can be shopping and cooking a meal for your family at the same time?? (and take-out does not count).

11 Comments:

Blogger DDanielle said...

I love our pressure cooker. Same concept but I can still start a meal after work and get the same flavor as in a slow cooker. Also we are gone from the house way to long and things can be overdone even on low. OH and we can mess up a slow cooker meal. Never ask you husband to add "some macaroni" to a soup when you don't mean the whole rest of the box! I spent 9 hours looking forward to a nice hearty soup one day and came home to a ucky pasta mess. He seemed to like it though.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I hear ya on the slow cooker. I love mine for all the same reasons especially during the fall and winter months. The smells alone are heartwarming.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I agree, especially the wonderful aroma it fills the house with for the day!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger kelly jeanie said...

Oh I love my slow cooker! Amie, I'd love to see one of your favorite recipes. The only draw back to the slow cooker is that if I'm home while it's cooking it smells too good and I spend all day being hungry!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great reasons. It's also less work in a way - chop everything and throw them in at once.

Me too, I want a list of fav recipes :D

2:49 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

You know, I usually start with the slow cooker again in September. All the cooking for the Holy Days makes it an ideal time to bring it out. And I use it until Passover, when I kosher the kitchen. I do not have a Pesadik slow cooker!

So it seems to be a fall-winter-early spring thing at our house, too.

Happy Cooking!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Hear hear! Slow cookers rock.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

I got a brand new one from my dad a couple of years back and I was so excited...until almost everything burned in it. It's a fast slow cooker and even if I just leave it on warm it burns. I should contact the manufacturer because I've hardly used it but it's been so long they probably wont do anything about it. It's a little frustrating. I just don't usually start dinner until after lunch if I'm going to use it.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

me too! Would love some of your favorite recipes.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I have been meaning to make chili in mine for over a week now...but somehow haven't gotten around to it yet. Today I'm making chicken in it for tacos. I love my crockpot and the convenience of it!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Oh, I too LOVE my crockpot! I've had to upgrade to a much bigger one for obvious reasons. It's still a bit on the smallish side but it's just such a wonderful feeling to having dinner going while you're getting on with your day. I'm SO glad it's finally getting to be crockpot weather. Any great recipes to share?!?!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home