Sunday, July 29, 2007

Reunion Recap

I spent all day Friday getting ready to leave. I went to S*ms's club to stock up, cleaned the house upstairs and down (nobody likes to come back to a mess), packed, bathed the boys, made a bunch of sandwiches and baked two batches of brownies for the potluck dinner. We left early Saturday, leaving behind all the sandwiches and our hotdogs. Ugh. At least we remembered the brownies. Anyway the reunion was great, as it always is. Isaac won a beach towel and a solar powered lantern in the auction, so he is happy as a lark.

So yeah, the reunion was wonderful. Camping, however, was exhausting. Jonah is at such a tough age, not old enough to listen real well but old enough to move fast and be a stinker. Even at home I get so tired of chasing him outside after just a little while. So trying to keep an eye on the stinker and hold a baby was tiring, even though plenty of people were happy to hold Sadie. Plus, it was pretty cold last night, and it was the worst night of sleep I had since I was in the hospital. We were considering staying tonight too, but decided that one night was plenty this year. Next year Jonah will be easier though, so we will probably camp longer.

Our picture taking consisted of Jeremiah taking the camera out yesterday and snapping about 30 pictures in 10 minutes. There were a lot of cameras though, so if your family I'm sure you will see some better pics on the reunion website.

Isaac, with Jonah trying to pull him away to get in some mischief (and Sammy playing golf)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Elijah wearing Grampa Larry's hat
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sadie's first camping experience. She was wonderful.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Sounds like fun! But I can just imagine how exhausting that would be:)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I think you're so brave to take on a task like that!!! Even though there are many people there to give you a hand...thats a lot with a newborn! I bet it was fun! Can't wait to see more pics.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Sounds like fun, i sure wish we could have gone!! Arggghhhh!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Amie, you are definitely supermom! Cleaning house, making brownies, and it seems you have infinite amounts of patience! Sounds like it was a fun time overall but I understand what you mean by exhausting..... I've been dying to take the guys all camping but don't really think I'm up for it seeing as Jared wouldn't be able to come (work!) I don't think I could handle it all without him....

2:18 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

Sounds like fun! We love camping but haven't done much since we left the UP...there you could pitch a tent almost anywhere and call it good, here that's not a possiblity and the campsites are so not worth the arm and a leg you have to pay to stay in an area you wouldn't want to live, let alone even take your kids there...can't wait to get out of here to SD! Lots of camping there!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

wow, I can't imagine camping with all the kids and baby Sadie! I can hardly keep track of myself :-) Hope you got to rest when you got home.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home